You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Jani Lane wants to "bury the hatchet" with Warrant

James wrote:

JANI LANE Says He is In The Process Of 'Burying The Hatchet' With Former WARRANT Bandmates - Nov. 2, 2007
Ex-WARRANT frontman Jani Lane has revealed that he is in the process of "burying the hatchet" with his former bandmates over outstanding legal issues, which he called a "step in the right direction" that may lead to a future reunion.

Speaking to the "Taz at Night" show on Kalamazoo's 92.5 WZUU radio station, Lani said, "I'm in negotiations to bury the hatchet with the WARRANT guys as far as all the legal crap goes'¦ which is very good news, you know. If we can put that to bed and stop walking around all day in the the house cursing each other, then who know what might happen down the road? I'm not saying we'll ever do anything together again, but it certainly is a step in the right direction."

When asked if that means that we may see him once again fronting WARRANT at some point in the future, Lani said, "What I'm saying'¦ [Laughs] We've actually spoken, we've actually agreed to stop fighting each other in court over stupid issues and just get back to letting bygones be bygones. You know, like I said, I never closed the door on anything, so who knows?"

On the topic of the WARRANT smash hit "Cherry Pie" '” which Lani previously claimed he "hated" during an interview that aired in May 2006 as part of VH1's "Heavy: The Story of Metal" four-part documentary '” Jani said, "Can I clear the air on that? They [VH1 producers] just caught me on a bad day. It was a bad moment '” I was going through a divorce, my mom had just passed away, all this stuff was going on '” and they sit me down in a chair and wanna start grilling me with questions, and I didn't wanna be there, so'¦ You know, push that interview to the side, I'm happy as a clam to have written a song that is still being played and still dug by so many people. It's hard enough to write a song, let alone one that sticks around."

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've seen a few others over the years rave on the post 1990 material. Unfortunately, I never heard any of that. Those first two albums literally made me want to vomit(I did like the song Uncle Tom's Cabin though), and I would never bother with anything from them.

Maybe I should give it a listen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer