You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Apocalypse alert!!: Goonies 2 in pre-production

James wrote:

There has been a lot of talk of the 'Goonies' sequel or musical or remake being made.

Well, original cast member Sean Astin has told MTV that it's an "absolute certainty" that Goonies 2 will hit theaters soon once the story is polished and the kids can be assembled.

Now it is not clear what 'kids' are being used here. He might mean the original cast members are returning and not all of them are available now OR that they plan to use all new kids and studio execs are taking their time finding the right ones to fit the old shoes.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

I sure hope it is a sequel and not a remake, not that I would look forward to either, just the original movie kicks so much ass and is one of my fav movies of all time, I would hate for it to have a remake...although I am kinda interested in how a sequel would play out, especially if they got the original cast back

James

James wrote:

What would the original cast do? Its like 22 years later. I don't see any point in a sequel. Its gotta be remake or bust.

I'm not interested in it at all, but a sequel would be the joke of the millennium. If by some miracle from God it made a few bucks, we'd start seeing sequels to every single 80's classic.

40 Candles? The Dinner Club? Fast Times at Ridgemont High School Reunion? Valley MILF? Revenge of the Baby Boomers? No thanks.

Goonies is one of the greatest movies of all time.   I am actually shocked that they are making a Goonies 2.   I am curious as to what they are gonna do.  Maybe a combination of new kids with the original cast older.   Hmm this is interesting news.

James

James wrote:

One of the greatest of all time?? 18 Thats a bit of a stretch.:butt:

Yeah, it will likely be a mix of the old cast with new. Probably some kids wanting to go on a similar journey and they email someone from the old cast or something like that.

You know how close you're willing to stand next to a broken vial of the bubonic plague? Thats how close I'll be to the theatres when this is released.

I love the Goonies!!!!  9 5

HAHAHA I don't know, I might go, odd's are I'll be watching this on demand.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

I'm a big fan of the Goonies today.  I still watch it from time to time on DVD and aside from some old effects shots that look a little bad, the movie still holds up.

I heard a rumor years ago that a sequel would entail the kids of the original characters going on an adventure.  Not sure if they're sticking with that idea or not though.

Wonder if Spielberg will be involved again.  The thing that scares me most is that I'm not sure that guy can make a good movie anymore.  I'm hoping to god he proves me wrong with Indy 4 next spring though.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I loved the goonies, i saw it too many times too, but a second one ?

Are the producers short of cash or something ?:lol:

Board footer