You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Another sign Finck is gone??

James wrote:

http://beta.member.nin.com/member/robin_finck

He now chats at the official NIN forum. Ten years in GNR, he never opened himself up to the fanbase like that.

Adios muchacho.

Credit goes to Julita at http://finckaholic.com/

nugdafied wrote:

One can only hope!

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

James, be fair.

When Tommy toured behind VGH he gave a whole slew of interviews telling the same, elliptic stories all over again. Axl's great to work with, the album's a band effort, will hopefully be touring behind soon. Fortus started out talkative but he's resorted to those ridiculous 'no comments' as of late. Ron's the only one who's been saying anything of substance on the album and he's being allowed to do that because he's the Buckethead replacement and therefore, replaceable by none other than Bucket himself. And even Ron's turning all the more careful.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My point is his constant silence during the duration of his tenure in GNR. Now all of a sudden he wants to communicate with fans, but of course its not GNR fans.

Thats a bit different than Tommy promoting VGH.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Trent could have asked Robin to be open with the fans. We know they like to update there websites (nin.com, flickr, youtube etc) so it's natural for Robin to participate like the other band members. GNR have never been open with there fans so Robin wasn't going to be a trend-setter.

Having seen the backlash Tommy experienced for being open with the fans, and generally just seeing the GNR fanbase in general, I'm not surprised he didn't wanna speak to us.

It's not like Robin ignored GNR fans either. He was willing to answer questions that were non-GNR related, shared his artwork etc. His notice on robinfinck.com also made it clear that his website wasn't for GNR updates. He addressed the matter quite well I thought, was just watching his own back.

All we can do is wait for a NIN fan to ask some GNR related question and hope Robin answers tongue

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Well, NIN's a bit different in that, you must admit. They release multitracks which the fans can edit and post their own mixes online. Somewhat different from GNR leaking 'unfinished demos' and blaming everyone for listening them. And Robin saw what'd happened with Fortus and Dizzy saying too much, getting heat from the fans after their promises went unfulfilled. He communicated with the fans, his website offered loads of interactivity, although its not just communication on GNR, per se.

And Robin was the one who directly addressed the fans after the RIR4 cancellation in 2004 and the My Coke Fest axing in 2007.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Oh well Axl, you had your chance to keep him if you got this damn record out already. If I could have my new music released within a week of it being mixed and mastered, I would jump the GNR ship too. NIN suits Robin so much more than GNR ever did. I'm not knocking the guy or anything, I love his input in the new Guns songs but after seeing him live with NIN last night, it's pretty obvious that he belongs there. That style of music is his forte, the fans respect him and don't chant for a different guitarist at the NIN shows, and he can capture the energy of that type of music better than anyone else. Once again, I love his work on the leaks but I'm happy for Robin that he went back to NIN. That band needed him and as an artist, he needed them.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
downliner wrote:

Having seen the backlash Tommy experienced for being open with the fans, and generally just seeing the GNR fanbase in general, I'm not surprised he didn't wanna speak to us.

As I remember the fanbase had a very good response to the 2004 Tommy interviews, even after such a long wait and the 2001-2002 tour clusterfuck. When his words turned out to be untrue, then he got some shit, but what else would you expect? Nothing materialized that he had said. On the other hand I understand them not wanting to be bashed when it's all Axl's band and his decisions.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl doesn't make the fans a priority. Trent does.

Easy as that. The Robin situation shows just what a mess the GNR camp is. They still don't know if he's in the band after how many months?

Uh... TRY CALLING THE FUCKING GUY AND ASKING HIM... Dude, you still in the band?

The truth is he's gone and they know it. Or just perhaps, Axl doesn't want to accept it so he truly "doesn't know."

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not to appoligise for GNR...but at the same time they would know if he told them he was gone for good.

I think they're both keeping their options open for the future. Which doesn't change the fact that he is as gone at the current time as Slash and co are.

Board footer