You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Will you still buy CD?

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Will I buy CD? No.  My mind was made up ages ago regarding this but if Gn'R had anything to do with this arrest than that makes my decision even easier.  Will I listen to CD? yes. For free.

Blasphemous.  I'll chip in and by a copy to cover your thievery.  Just kidding of course, but I may offer to buy it for any friends interested.  10 bucks a pop, they can buy me a beer sometime and get me back.  If its more than that, they're on their own.

Agreed. I honestly can't understand what would be so hard about dropping $10 on a CD you've waited a long time for.

I can understand Bono.  GNR treat their fans like shit and that is putting it in a politically correct manner.  And not all fans like that.  Bono seems to fall in that category.  What can he do?  Not buy GNR's albums and listen to them for free.  Just his way of telling Axl to fuck off and tell him that he doesn't appreciate to be treated like shit.  You fall in the category that Axl can get away with just about doing anything to the fans.  Like I said in other posts.  Axl seems to be able to get away with just about anything.  And BTW I seem to fall in the same category as you Russ so no disrespect to you.  22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

absolutely i will buy it. possibly more than one copy.

methinks people need to stop taking things so personally re: fan treatment.

there's so many other factors affecting everything, it is ridiculous to make the assumption of intentional infliction of shittiness.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't really understand that idea of "telling Axl to fuck off" by not buying albums. How about just not paying attention to Axl at all if he's so bad?

I honestly don't feel that Axl can get away with doing anything to the fans. I personally think he had nothing to do with this whole situation. If it's proven otherwise to me, I may feel differently.

I'm not just talking about the Skwerl situation Russ.  His lack of updates to the fans and everything else.  I bet you anything that if U2, Coldplay or any other big bands would try to pull the shit Axl pulls that they wouldn't get away with it.  For some reason unknown to me GNR probably has the most loyal fans EVER.  Axl could kill and I'M sure a large chunk of the fans would scream injustice for him.

I will buy the album.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't really understand that idea of "telling Axl to fuck off" by not buying albums. How about just not paying attention to Axl at all if he's so bad?

I honestly don't feel that Axl can get away with doing anything to the fans. I personally think he had nothing to do with this whole situation. If it's proven otherwise to me, I may feel differently.

I'm not just talking about the Skwerl situation Russ.  His lack of updates to the fans and everything else.  I bet you anything that if U2, Coldplay or any other big bands would try to pull the shit Axl pulls that they wouldn't get away with it.  For some reason unknown to me GNR probably has the most loyal fans EVER.  Axl could kill and I'M sure a large chunk of the fans would scream injustice for him.

To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement. Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life.

The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome -- especially one that wouldn't jeopardize the band or the album. It's easy for people to point out how others have handled similar situations or how they would have dealt with these issues themselves if they encountered them in their own lives. But again, without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, these types of comments or commentary are just uninformed, disassociated, generally useless -- and often hindering -- speculation.
Sincerely,

Axl Rose

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

To answer the OP, I will definitely be buying Chinese Democracy and if they come out with some Collectors Edition boxset, I will buy that and the original CD.

Even without a boxset, I will probably buy more than one copy, for friends, for my car, etc.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Skwerl has spoken about his release on www.antiquiet.com he says he was arrested at gunpoint.  Being one that fully believes that GNR supported this and were behind this arrest.  I think this is very excessive for the FBI to arrest this guy at gunpoint or even arresting him.  Don't they have terrorists to catch?  Anyways after reading this I find myself NOT wanting to buy this album anymore because of this.  What about you guys?  Will you buy CD anyways?

Uhhh yes, I will buy CD.
Enforcing federal law = FBI.

Sheesh.
The band didn't have anything to do with gunpoint or federal agents.
It's just a stupid band.

Get over yourself!
If you don't like the way copyright laws are call your senator and congressman if you're a US citizen.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

Blasphemous.  I'll chip in and by a copy to cover your thievery.  Just kidding of course, but I may offer to buy it for any friends interested.  10 bucks a pop, they can buy me a beer sometime and get me back.  If its more than that, they're on their own.

Agreed. I honestly can't understand what would be so hard about dropping $10 on a CD you've waited a long time for.

I can understand Bono.  GNR treat their fans like shit and that is putting it in a politically correct manner.  And not all fans like that.  Bono seems to fall in that category.  What can he do?  Not buy GNR's albums and listen to them for free.  Just his way of telling Axl to fuck off and tell him that he doesn't appreciate to be treated like shit.  You fall in the category that Axl can get away with just about doing anything to the fans.  Like I said in other posts.  Axl seems to be able to get away with just about anything.  And BTW I seem to fall in the same category as you Russ so no disrespect to you.  22

Thanks gnfnraxl. That's exactly my stance. Believe me when I say this everyone,  I wanted to buy this album with all my heart. I wanted the limited editions, I wanted the LP's I would've bought it on cassette just to have it. I tried to see them live in 2002(Vancouver) I saw them 3 times in 2006(NY Hammerstien, Calgary and Edmonton). I supported the shit out of this band but over the course of 2006 and to a degree the last 6 years I came to the realization that a guy who disrespects his fans, disregards them so blatantly and to a large extent seems to really resent them at times no longer deserves my support at least in terms of dollars. If the music is great I'll support that and spread the word but I will NEVER see this lineup again live, I will NEVER purchase one of their albums. To each their own but for me it comes down to my own personal integrity. I'm a fan of so many bands who reach out to their fans in ways unimaginable and they go above and beyond to show their appreciation. Axl for the most part flips us the finger and then puts on a fascade when it's convenient for him and serves his needs.  I buy albums all the time. EVERYTIME if it's a band I believe in and support. I do support new Gn'R but only via word of mouth anymore. My decision on this has to do with MUCH MORE than this isolated inncident. Those of you who know me, know this.  I respect a person's decision to buy the album. I respect people's opinion if they feel I'm going to steal the album. It is what it is. I waited forever to hear this so I'm gonna hear it one way or another. I'm just not paying for it. Axl made that decision for me. I'm not bitter about it. Like I said it is what it is. Axl is Axl.  Maybe I won't download it for free. Maybe I'll simple burn a buddy's copy. The band seemed fine with that when it was the era of cassettes so why not cd's? wink

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Damn.  I sorta get the anger and totally understand the frustration.  I've been a huge fan of this band for as long as I can remember, so I want new music as much as everyone else.

But, I don't get first of all why everyone takes all this stuff so personally.  As much as I hate to echo this phrase, Axl does not owe you anything.  But, because he's less vocal than others, perceived to be an asshole ("perceived" being the key word here.  How many of us know Axl as a human being and not as a media image?)...because of some bizarre feeling of betrayal, we're now going to steal his stuff?

I just don't get the logic.  My family never got along with our one next door neighbor - even had some direct, personal fueding type shit go down with them.  I guess I should've stolen their car or maybe robbed their house then.

I mean, what the fuck?  You want the music, buy it.*  If you don't want it, nobody is forcing you to listen to it or to be a fan of the band.

(*Obviously, this applies to a time when the music is finally available for purchase.)

Board footer