You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: 2008 NFL season

bigbri wrote:

The Redskins look like crap, I have to say. The Giants, not too bad. But is it because Washington sucks or the Giants are serious about defending their title.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It's probably a combination of both.  I expected the Giants to come out firing on all cylindars with their emotions running high in front of the home crowd.  Out to prove those wrong who really aren't giving them much of a chance at repeating, let alone make the playoffs.  And they did early on, then they kind of sputtered.  Their defense looked solid, combined with a lackluster offensive effort from the Redskins.  Never really viewed as an offensive juggeraut in recent years and they showed why tonight.  They played from behind with little to no urgency in the latter stages of the game.  They looked pretty bad.  I don't think you can take too much out of this game other than the Giants are a better team than the Redskins.  And I don't think many people disagreed with that before tonight anyway.  Both teams have good defenses, and solid running games.  Eli didn't look as good as he did during the playoff run last year, he looked shaky at times but made enough plays to win.  Campbell looked pretty bad.  They must see something in him in Washington that I'm just missing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had to go somewhere and I missed this game.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It actually was a pretty boring game. Washington is bad. The Jason Campbell experiment must be near an end. You didn't miss much James.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

saw most of the game, washington sucks 16

the thing was even though wash wasnt great the giants still couldnt put them away...2 feild goals in the last 9 possessions or something?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah the Giants played well early, then kind of went into "let's try not to blow this" mode.  They were daring the Redskins to comeback, but the Skins didn't know how to do it.  They looked lost.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

The Giants defense was very good. The offense was pretty good. They would have blown Washington's doors off if not for a few miscommunications between Eli and the recievers. But for the most part they looked good. Eli was in command, Plax was tearing up Washington's secondary, and Jacobs was a beast. Buts its Week 1. Teams are going to be rusty at the begining of the season. They'll shake off the rust.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Todd Collins is the main reason the Redskins made the playoffs last year. I don't care how old he is, he's better than Jason Campbell, hands down. They're a team that should've called Culpepper too, their offense was HORRIBLE. Giants played well but their offense needs TDs, if they played like that against another good offense they;d have lost (to Dallas, for example).

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wash took Colt Brennan in something like the 6th round. I'm no saying he'll be a superstar, but certainly a pick for taking. Especially for that round.

BTW - Wash-NYG Week 1 is probably a game I have the least vested interest in. Normally, I vote for whoevers worse (beating the better team & lowering their record). When they play Dallas I almost always root against Dallas. When NFC teams play AFC teams I usually root for AFC (to lower the nfc teams record).

Oh yeah, Dallas Sucks!!   Had to get that in at least once.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Eagles look like a machine in the first half. Glad Baskett got that bomb at the end to go up 21. Eagles were too close on a few other long chances, I didn't want them to only be up 14 at the half.

Siragusa sucks on the sidelines..

Board footer