You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Can Guns learn from Metallica?

Von wrote:

I don't have such a problem with Unforgiven III, but agree it wasn't exactly necessary. Still, this is a phenomenal album it only took Metallica two decades to make. Can CD ring the same sentiment for Guns? Time will tell. This one really took me by surprise. I'm not a Metallica fan, but have always appreciate their "trilogy." This is a great addition to that I suppose, because I've been loving the shit out of Death Magnetic for the guitar work alone.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'd love for a CD version to be available, but I gotta guess that the only way that would happen is if the album were to surface.

The CD single has long been dead in the US but I'm not sure about the rest of the world. Are there still CD singles elsewhere?

They still sell CD singles over here in Japan.  I'd also really love for a CD version to be made available.

ereeper wrote:

If you download on itunes you can burn it on a cd very easily.

Yeah.  But, some of us like to have CD quality music and not lossy files burned to disc.  Never used itunes though.  I've heard they now have Apple lossless available as well, but is that for everything or just for some stuff?  And does it cost the same?

Von

Von wrote:

From what I understand it costs more and isn't an available option for everything. Besides, I'd rather have vinyl quality and was never big on CDs. I hated pretending I wanted to "collect" them. They were designed for stupid kids and should have remained the cheap alternative to vinyl collector's that iTunes is to "CD collectors."

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I don't have a problem with Unforgiven III either and it has grown on me.  My point about this being the album I expected after Justice would be moot if Unforgiven III was on it.  That's all I was saying.

Von

Von wrote:

If they only ever made five albums, with Death Magetic and Kill 'em All a bookend to the "trilogy," that'd be a badass legacy. I never cared for the black album and could easily do without all their other material.

Board footer