You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Death Magnetic inspiring & bringing out competitive edge in GN'R

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

people didnt seem to care about wieland's feelings on that tape worm abortion tongue

LOL...although I'm no Scott appologist overall...i've always liked the lyrics in that song...they kind of made sence to my crazy mind I guess!

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Death Magnetic inspiring & bringing out competitive edge in GN'R

war wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

sorry captain
i guess you are not allowed to have an opinion without criticism, lecturing, and whining.

fyi to the people that don't get it:

for the most part, the lyrics in every song written have some sort of meaning to the artist. since the music is for sale and freedom of speech and opinion prevales there is nothing wrong with not liking the lyrics to whatever you hear and communicating those thoughts to others, especially on a forum that deals in music.

He is allowed his opinion war.  Like I said he doesn't have to like the song.  But the way he says it is like he doesn't give a rats ass what the writer of the song went through (is it Hetfield?)  But agree with you he doesn't have to like the song.  Also he doesn't have to call Metallica fans fanboys.  I'm a Metallica fan a GNR fan and a fan of many other artists.  I've always respected others who may not like those other artists.  No hard feelings on captain.  Just the way I interpret the post (which could be in a wrong way)

that's cool

i try to be respectful of artists and their work even if i do not like it but remember, when an artist puts their experiences into a song and sells it they are opening themself up to fair criticism and doing so is not attacking the artist and his experiences personally but the song itself regardless of what is about.

STING's 'Every Breath You Take is apparently about a dog but it is one of the biggest songs in the history of rock n roll. do we have to care about his dog to appreciate the song? and if we don't are we being insensitive to his dog? 14

In the end either we like it or we don't and for our own different reasons.

Board footer