You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Information on Shackler's Revenge

Here is the track information on "Shackler's Revenge" which is featured on Rock Band 2 video game.

'Shackler's Revenge' as performed by Guns N' roses courtesy of Sony BMG Music

Music writers Rose, Carroll, Costanzo, Mantia, Finck, Scaturro

Published by Kobalt Music Publishing

I figure that the reason behind SONY BMG Music being mentioned is because the music is of a Digital Services, as many Amazon or iTunes track info carry the Sony BMG tag.

For those not familiar with the names involved, I'll try my best. Axl Rose (vocals), Buckethead (guitar), Caram Costanzo (engineer), Brian "BRAIN" Mantia (drums) Robin Finck (guitar) Pete Scaturro seems to have co-wrote, at http://www.lauraalice.com/pete_scaturro.html

'In September 2008 Shackler's Revenge, the first single from the highly anticipated Guns N RosesChinese Democracy that Pete co-wrote with Buckethead and Brain, will be featured in Rock Band 2.' album

About Guns N' Roses : At a time when pop was dominated by dance music and pop-metal, Guns N' Roses brought raw, ugly rock & roll crashing back into the charts. They were not nice boys; nice boys don't play rock & roll. They were ugly, misogynist, and violent; they were also funny, vulnerable, and occasionally sensitive, as their breakthrough hit, "Sweet Child O' Mine," showed. While Slash and Izzy Stradlin ferociously spit out dueling guitar riffs worthy of Aerosmith or the Stones, Axl Rose screeched out his tales of sex, drugs, and apathy in the big city. Meanwhile, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler were a limber rhythm section who kept the music loose and powerful. Guns N' Roses' music was basic and gritty, with a solid hard, bluesy base; they were dark, sleazy, dirty, and honest -- everything that good hard rock and heavy metal should be.

http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/5121/41/

Thanks to jarmo from HTGTH.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bucket's songwriting credit on the new Science Faxtion goes to Brian Carroll also. Is that new I wonder?

Thanks.

Sky Dog wrote:

maybe Brian Carroll is his new identity. Buckethead died and has been pushed aside for the more family friendly, pop oriented Brian Carroll.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

VERY interesting.

Yeah Bri its new. When looking at Bucket's discography, all credit goes to Buckethead. He may be changing course in his career.

Great to see actual credits on one of these songs.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Pete Scaturro has worked on several Buckethead albums, and he's also a Primus associate. No surprise then for him to have collaborated with GNR.

Funny that Caram Costanzo is getting a credit.

Sky Dog wrote:

I still think there is going to be a lot of suprises when this thing actually is out...from the sound of it, I wouldn't think Finck played on this track at all.

Sky Dog wrote:

also, it is pretty interesting how we think these musicians don't have any influence on Axl and that they are just hired hands. They may be contracted employees. However, it appears to me that the bandmembers have a ton of say in matters regarding the music and other people being brought in like Scaturro. Bucket has his crew....Tommy kind of has a crew. See what I'm saying?

Sky Dog wrote:

Sic, notice Kobalt Music Publishing......Did they purchase Axl's publishing rights from Sanctuary? Remember Axl getting $19 million a few years ago and part of the deal was his publishing rights for future releases I believe......

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
madagas wrote:

also, it is pretty interesting how we think these musicians don't have any influence on Axl and that they are just hired hands. They may be contracted employees. However, it appears to me that the bandmembers have a ton of say in matters regarding the music and other people being brought in like Scaturro. Bucket has his crew....Tommy kind of has a crew. See what I'm saying?

I see what you mean - but doesnt anyone find it more bizarre that it is co-written by the engineers - all this time and the engineers end up writing the album with people that left years ago...? I now expect to see Rhiad credited to Rose/Carroll/Ole Beich/'Dave the guy that fixes the coffee machine in the studio'. I dont think anyone had that nuch of a say in the band otherwise they wouldnt have all left.

Also, nice to see that apart from the writing credits theres no mention of the new band at all and just the continuous living off former glories with Slash, Izzy etc etc... Way to go....

Sorry if I sound pessimistic - but I am so thats that really. bucket

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We're obviously not gonna see much mention of the new band. This is Axl's ship with a ton of hands in the cookie jar that's sitting on the deck. Other than song writing credits and maybe a tour, no one is gonna know these guys exist.

Is definitely interesting to see non band members get credit, but this happened in the past as well(Arkeen/James/Huge).

Board footer