You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: Chinese Democracy Album Timeline

Gagarin wrote:

The Dust n Bones list! I'm on that! I was there!
The admin got to listen to songs in late 1999!

OH - and this is great! All the "Axl never said any dates before, technically" people are stupid - he did, there is a reason why people have been tuned in for so long - it's perpetually been on the horizon. Yeah, I'm living my life, and I'm not twidling my thumbs waiting (on my worst days I post on GNR forums too much), but still - it's not like we're crazy. It's always been on the horizon and "close"...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very well done chronicle.

Gagarin wrote:

The Dust n Bones list! I'm on that! I was there!
The admin got to listen to songs in late 1999!

OH - and this is great! All the "Axl never said any dates before, technically" people are stupid - he did, there is a reason why people have been tuned in for so long - it's perpetually been on the horizon. Yeah, I'm living my life, and I'm not twidling my thumbs waiting (on my worst days I post on GNR forums too much), but still - it's not like we're crazy. It's always been on the horizon and "close"...

Yeah the GnR management team and Axl himself have been dangling this record in front of us like a carrot for the last 10 years.   If they want fans to stop bitching about the delays and chasing after leaks they should stop putting out press releases that make empty promises.  If Axl or his management could just be honest and say "You'll see it when you see it" instead of repeatadly stating things like "you'll hear it soon," "the forthcoming album" and "we're putting the finishing touches on the album right now."  Why tease your fans year after year with something that you obviously have no intention of releasing and don't want anyone to hear?  It borders on cruelty.

Sky Dog wrote:

actually various band members and management have been talking about the record since 1994...that is 14 years since I have began waiting because I still remember reading all these articles you sourced at the time!

"January 1994: Slash tells Kerrang! magazine the next GN'R album will be out in the summer.

Early 1994: Axl, Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and guitarist Gilby Clarke enter the studio to begin work on their first album of original material since the 1991 albums Use Your Illusion I and II..  GnR's record company Geffen says they hope to have the album out before the end of the year. "

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Matt Sorum was talking about the 'next' GN'R record in early 1993 and he said it would come out sometime in 1994.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When you see that stuff, you realize how far off on different pages Axl and the rest of the band were.

They look like they were done and complete with what they were working on, and then Axl comes in and goes no, no, no, I don't want to do that, and reading that you think it has NOTHING to do with the Snakepit material, it was something entirely different.

All I guess going on people solo efforts, is they were doing stuff with more of a southern rock flavor, and Axl wanted to do the industrial thing.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
gnrfan1987-present wrote:

January 1994: Slash tells Kerrang! magazine the next GN'R album will be out in the summer.

I never read that.

Is it somewhere online?

Board footer