You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Charles Gibson interviews Sarah Palin

bigbri wrote:

Charles Gibson is a douche, by the way.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Hahaha, I seriously don't know which answer makes more sense??

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Charles Gibson is a douche, by the way.

I never liked him either. I remember having to watch his bullshit when I watched Good Morning America when Joan Lunden was hosting the show.

This also adds to his level of douche-ness.....

Gibson on "Bush Doctrine" in 2001:

"a promise that all terrorists organizations with global reach will be found, stopped and defeated.'

Palin on Bush Doctrine:

"'I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell bent on destroying our nation"

Its basically the same comment yet liberals are once again on their hourly witch hunt.

James

James wrote:

Off topic, where's all that change stuff that was ushering in a golden age??

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ That was after the third time he asked her the question. Besides James, you can put down text all you want. It's obvious when watching it live this woman has NO CLUE about international policy. Just own up to it. In fact, she sucks at it. It's as if she was memorizing this shit off of a 3x5 card last night. It's not really "What she says" as much as it is that we expect our VP to have a fundamental understanding of the worlds views and concepts, and how it all interacts.

This isn't high school where your given an oral exam and you were close on the facts, it's running for 2nd in command of our nation.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Where is it?? It went flushed down the toilet when half this country decided to vote for the same people who ran this country for the last 8 years. More debt, more wars, more puppets.

On a serious note you post pretty pro-Republican here... and after seeing 8 new threads per day about pro-McCain/Anti-Obama it gets tired of seeing. McCain's only leading by about 3%, and who's to believe polls anyway, but even if the election were held today there's a decent chance Obama could & still would win, depending on the outcome of about 2 or 3 states. Plus the youth vote in polls in a huge obstacle because they all own cellphones as we saw when Obama came out of nowhere to win Iowa. Pollsters had to try to rearrange their demographics & math, they may have figured it out in Obama v Clinton, but who's to say it's the same with Obama v McCain. So this race is far from over. After seeing that interview, Palin needs alot of work before she enters the VP debate. To be honest, McCain definitely got a bump in polls after the RNC, but it peaked at about an average of 3%. As people tire, things change, and all it really comes down to are people are less interested in talking on the phone. It wouldn't really surprise me if for every 1,000 people polled, they actually call about 5,000 who just hang up.  It wouldn't surprise me if it's 50/50 next week, or even if Obama's winning. And even then it's only mid-September. And what if Obama takes a lead, how is McCain going to catch up next time?? Run even dirtier ads, pick another woman for VP? He's pretty much out of ammo. You can call this race over as much as you want, I say it's just beginning.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Where is it?? It went flushed down the toilet when half this country decided to vote for the same people who ran this country for the last 8 years. More debt, more wars, more puppets.

So because he didn't know what he wanted to change(and his followers didn't know either), society gets blamed for being forced into voting for the opposition?

Besides James, you can put down text all you want. It's obvious when watching it live this woman has NO CLUE about international policy. Just own up to it. In fact, she sucks at it. It's as if she was memorizing this shit off of a 3x5 card last night. It's not really "What she says" as much as it is that we expect our VP to have a fundamental understanding of the worlds views and concepts, and how it all interacts.

See, this is where the liberals got it all wrong, and is one of the many things that will lead to Obama's defeat.

No one expects her to be up there with Cheney, Baker, Albright, etc. on foreign affairs. She's the vice presidential pick for fucks sake. Obama and his followers have to vent their rage of the inadequacy of his own campaign at Palin. This is obvious to everyone. The democrats aren't even running against McCain anymore. This election has turned into Fatal Attraction starring Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, with a minor guest appearance by John McCain. There's no point in even denying it anymore. Hell, a liberal denial will just result in more lost votes for Obama.

The country likes this woman. Fact. The likability reaches across party lines. Obama and his base need to deal with that and find that change message again. Or they can continue boiling bunnies in preparation of the conservative feast that will be held in early November.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

after seeing 8 new threads per day about pro-McCain/Anti-Obama it gets tired of seeing.

You post anti McCain/Palin articles, I post the opposite. This happens at basically all forums where political discussion is allowed.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I only started in the last few days because it seems every single blog article you found thru google seemed to deserve a whole thread of it's own. As I said, it got tired. You can call it over all you want.

As for feeling "inadequate" about Obama's campaign, I've stated numerous times I have no fear with Biden. Sure Palin gave McCain a slight bump at first, but there's no substance, & the tub is starting to leak. Luckily, for Biden he flies under the radar. Then in a week or month if McCain start to fall, it'll seem lame for him to start slamming Biden & trying to put him down. As I said, after Palin, McCain has nothing to run on, and he might be shooting him in the foot moreso than Obama, because if Obama takes the lead again, McCain himself is left with nothing, and I don't really see McCain holding the lead the entire 8 weeks or whatever is left. Not with such a slim margin.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Good interview by Palin. The biggest thing people like about her is she's not "Washington". She's an outsider.

This just gives her more creedence. If Israel decides to take out Iran, then they have my blessing. Iran ain't nothin' but towel wrappin' jew haters anyways, and if Iran makes one counter back, we'll go in with our nuclear arms. No problem with it whatsoever. It's time Islamic facism was wiped off the face of the earth. No different than the Nazis. Same goes for Lebanon.

so you are okay with the use of nuclear weapons? Do you honestly think thats the answer? Ladies and gentlemen, when all the republicans in this thread go off about the arrogance of liberals, this post is a shining example of the hypocritical thoughts they posses. Calling for nuclear war and the elimination of an entire culture is completely absurd.

I watched that interview and Palin's  answers were childish and borderline whiny. You could easily tell that she had no idea what she is talking about and what responsibilities a vp has.

Board footer