You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: The silence on the eve of RB2 is deafening!

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm just gonna wait patiently to see how the week unfolds 19

Ha.

That's one thing we've all gotten pretty good at.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

it should be on the radio tomorrow and for sale by download no later than the end of the week

well i'd expect an anouncement of somekind this week on gnr.com...thats about it 16

anythign else is a bonus at this point 14

i feel ya. honestly, i will be surprised if the song is on the radio tomorrow because of who we are talking about.  1 week for them to feel it out and make a move seems fair.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

They're teasing us, and it's working.  The version on the game is so kick ass compared to the leak (which GN'R may have put out there to lower expectations), that they will let word of mouth build, and use it for promotion. 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=125045

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I never go to their myspace page, but went and checked it. This song should have already been on there. All they had to do is click the checkbox that doesn't allow downloads.

This is what's on the official GNR myspace page music player:

Welcome to the Jungle
Sweet Child O Mine
You Could Be Mine
Nice Boys
Down On The Farm

I'm so glad they took that advice they gave the fans and stopped living in the past.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

They're teasing us, and it's working.

No its not. Quite a few people were willing to buy this track whether on disc or online. Even people like myself who hate Itunes are willing to buy it to show support.

"Teasing" at this point is just ridiculous.

let word of mouth build, and use it for promotion.

Word of mouth? Promotion? The game is already out. The time for promotion has already been here for awhile.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I never go to their myspace page, but went and checked it. This song should have already been on there. All they had to do is click the checkbox that doesn't allow downloads.

This is what's on the official GNR myspace page music player:

Welcome to the Jungle
Sweet Child O Mine
You Could Be Mine
Nice Boys
Down On The Farm

I'm so glad they took that advice they gave the fans and stopped living in the past.

It just irritates the hell out of me when people don't exploit the tool that those sites (Myspace/Facebook/Etc) can and should be. 

They're looking for ways to promote an album that's supposedly coming out and is horrifically overbudget, but they're not using the great promotional avenues that, to top it off, are free.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'll give them this week, but if the GNR camp remains silent, I proclaim CD dead.

war

war wrote:

lol
nice one james

regardless of what their release plans are they already should have atleast updated the site with something positive.

as it stands now, johnny johnson could go to gnr.com, after playing a brand new gnr song on rock band 2, excited about more info on the song or a possible new album only to stumble onto the front page of the site that makes gnr look rediculous.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I think they know what they are doing--the version on the game is phenomenal--the drums rule--the link below is getting overwhelmed and locking up.  Also, something is up, and most likely they are following a contractual agreement with Rock Band--not releasing it (as it is an exclusive) for a week or two.  They are going to have to get this out, or are waiting for the fans to get the real version out.  The press is holding off, and they are usually on top of these stories, something is holding them back.  Patience.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1425 … qswyhwsc9w

war

war wrote:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1425 … 91208.html

check this one out

1:30

"they're not even releasing the single"

Board footer