You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Man jailed for urinating on dying woman

James wrote:

A man who urinated on a woman as she lay dying and shouted "this is YouTube material" has been sentenced to three years in prison.

Anthony Anderson also covered Christine Lakinski with shaving foam after she collapsed in a Hartlepool street.

The 50-year-old, who suffered from a number of medical conditions, was later pronounced dead at the scene.

Anderson, 27, and from Raby Road in the Teesside town, had earlier admitted outraging public decency.

The court heard how, on 27 July, Miss Lakinski was making her way home with a box of laminate flooring when she fell ill and stumbled into a doorway.

Totally shocked

Anderson, a former soldier, had smoked a cannabis joint and been drinking when he and two friends spotted her.

He tried to rouse her by throwing a bucket of water over her, before urinating on her and covering her with shaving foam.

A crowd had gathered around, watching and laughing, and the incident was filmed on a mobile phone.

She was later declared dead at the scene, the cause of death being given as pancreatic failure.

Magistrates in Hartlepool had referred the case to Teesside Crown Court so a longer jail term could be handed out.

Judge Peter Fox, the recorder of Middlesbrough sitting at Teesside Crown Court, said: "You violated this woman in an incredible way, and the shocking nature of your acts over a prolonged period of time must mean that a prison sentence of greater length is appropriate in this case."

Outside court, Miss Lakinski's family said in a statement: "We remain totally shocked that anyone could behave in such an appalling way.

"The fact that Christine was dying makes this man's actions even more sick and inhumane.

"However, those who stood by and did nothing to stop Anderson are also guilty in our eyes.

"It beggars belief that these people chose not only to condone his cruelty, but also to walk away from a neighbour who was clearly in distress and needed help."

The family statement added that Christine had "faced immense challenges throughout her life", yet still had managed to "forge an independent life for herself".

curro
 Rep: 7 

curro wrote:

At least he's gonna spend three years in prison.Here in Spain a few days ago a xenofobic man beat up
to a ecuadorian girl in a train in Barcelona and was released without charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Yta_9x664

I know it's not the same but...released without charges?Definitely Spain is different.

What this man did to this woman is outrageous and should surely get more then 3 years, peeing and putting shaving cream on a dying woman, that's completely terrible.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

This is so sad.  This poor woman had had to move home several times throughout her life to get away from bullying due to her disabilities which in the end led her to become distanced from her family.  I have no words for these sickos and don't think any punishment would be harsh enough.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

worst part is - this jumped little cocknocker will be out in less than his full sentence - I'd bet money on it.  Offenders in the UK are onto a great ride at the mo, prisons are generally well-equipped (gyms, libraries, dvds etc), good food, prisoners rights are catered to (yes, its fkd - i know) and Human Rights rules the roost.
There is no way this guy will serve three years for this when the prisons are so full and early releases happen all the time....

this act made me feel so angry and so sad that someone felt it was totally ok to do this. and the crowd that watched - man oh man i hope you get yours...

I really do hate that people like this have rights.  It's outrageous to me that someone can do this and only receive maybe 3 years or less.   You're right Julia, in prison they are somewhat comfortable with all these amenities, they should take all that shit away or give them the least amount possible.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its a sign of the times. We live in a culture where people can get their 15 minutes of fame on the internet or fuck some dude or chick on a tv show and they become a 3rd rate star, and will go to great lengths to do it. Even if not for personal fame, they will do it just to see what reaction they can get. In the future you will see rapes and murders get uploaded to youtube and various other sites. Months ago I posted that story about a woman who got stabbed to death in a mall and fellow shoppers stood around taking pics of it on their cell phones so they could put it online. Had they actually helped the woman instead of that evil shit, she would still be alive.

Everyone wants reality and trash?

Your wish has been granted.

Our society is about to reap what it sowed.

There's no going back either. Mayberry is light years behind us.

As I have been saying for years, when you turn on the tv and watch the latest reality craze or flip through youtube and myspace vids watching peoples assorted pranks, rants,etc., you need to take a look at what you are actually condoning.

Board footer