You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: A Message From Ron That Really Is An Eye Opener

BurningHills wrote:

Haha - Bumble rules!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

2. The gag order is obvious, and making fun of it is great (e.g. the link on his website about CD). Ridiculing people who (due to lack of real info) start speculating however, is not. I'm sure this wasn't his intent, but the message came across as being quite arrogant. It's not nice to be arrogant about something that you caused yourself (as a group). It's like setting up a perfect trap for someone and then pointing and laughing at them in a 'Nelson'-like fashion.

It's great that he wants to communicate with us, I applaud that. I understand the position he finds himself in isn't the easiest one to be in. Once again, all props to him, but there's no need to mock your fans - even if it is unintentional.

I really don't think that was the intention. I think he just saw how fans speculate over all types of things, and since he read the thread, decided to offer an explanation in a joking manner.

If I thought there was even a hint of arrogancy in his statement, I would put on my KFC bucket and start tearing him a new cyber asshole.

I liked the statement he made. He showed how absurd the whole situation is inside of a joke. Pretty creative.

As far as Finck and his age are concerned, its a known fact that artists hit their creative peak in their late 20's/early 30's. Hopefully his peak is on the album and it actually gets released. If the album never surfaces, then he definitely wasted his career.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

People are saying Robin wasted his career. But I really don't see it that way - its not like he's working at 7/11 (unlike chumps like me) is it? He earns a good living through his music, which is more than your average artist can hope for.

Yes...it would also be nice to leave a legacy. But its not too bad earning cash for playing guitar touring the world wirh Axl eh? Also...its quite possible that he will end up leaving a strong legacy - if these 3 CDs worth of stuff Baz talks about do get released, and if they contain at least one crossover style hit ala "November Rain" - then its possible he could yet get a lot more famous.

Sure guys like Slash, EVH, Jimmy Page destroyed the world before they were 20, but thats not something that most people can realisticly expect to have happen to them. I think most guitarists would be happy to earn a living playing tar and leave some albums behind...and eventually I'd say the album in some form will have to materalise.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Well said, monkeychow. 22

For people saying they are wasting their careers, what do you think of say the guys that play in Wayne Newton's band in Vegas?  Getting paid to play music, playing in a very long-running act, with a music icon.  (Sorry for the American references here but), what about the guys in G.E. Smith's Saturday Night Live Band?  Paul Shaffer's band on Letterman?  With some exceptions, these guys aren't putting out albums and in most cases they're playing almost entirely other people's songs.  Shaffer's drummer Anton Fig isn't exactly a household name, but he's been playing that gig for years.  I'm betting he's happy with a steady job that pays him to do what he loves - play music.

As an artist, sure most people want the fame, riches, and to leave behind some sort of legacy, but most of the artists (including musicians and other artists here) that I know are very content doing something that they love and being able to make a living off of it.  These guys are doing just that.  Only they're most likely making a very good living from it and also performing with a legend.  As a drummer, if I was in Frank's shoes, I don't think I'd be too anxious to leave that gig.

Board footer