You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Del James Interview

Gunslinger wrote:

We the fans can only make our judgements based on other people's accounts of what happened because we were not there.  I'm an Axl fan, I'm a Slash fan...I'm a G'n F'n R's fan.  That means I listen to all sides but the truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle.  I have no problem with Del and like James mentioned I loved reading his articles when I was younger but his accounts of what happened do seem to be very biased.  That doesn't make him bad but doesn't make the story any more believable or closed to scrutiny from long time fans.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

here's what i notice about the world---

whenever someone says anything nice or sticks up for axl, they get called a kiss ass. i've heard it said before about sebastian. and now people are saying it about del and marc canter.  does this seem weird to anyone else but me? am i crazy or something? why don't people who do the same for slash get called ass kissers? seriously................

You make a very valid point. There's an obvious bias, and has been for years.

Axl said it himself - "i'm blunt"

People hate that. I know in my life, I have been the same way, honest & blunt, but not an asshole.

However that's not how it's viewed. People don't like the truth.

The biggest asskiss of all time is Slash. Why do you think everyone loves him? Because he's likeable to the MEDIA. He dishes the dirt and tells them everything they want to know, for a headline. I can remember when Contraband was released, and almost every interview he did was 85% Axl & GN'R, even though he had a new band to promote.

He enjoys it. See Marilyn Monroe. See Michael Jackson. Axl, Marilyn Manson, whoever the fuck...

As soon as you hit the shitlist, you are a sacrificial lamb. They want your blood spilled at the full moon. It's not about truth, it's about sensationalism. If it bleeds it leads, and your in a game that has no rules.

Axl fell into it when he was young. One of the most admirable things about him now, is that he's wiser and takes the high road (most of the time).

sad part is.....it's guns n roses fans talking all the shit about axl and his friends.

warriorpriestess

Axlin08 wrote:

And if you two say he's a cool guy, I believe you, and him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

here's what i notice about the world---

whenever someone says anything nice or sticks up for axl, they get called a kiss ass. i've heard it said before about sebastian. and now people are saying it about del and marc canter.  does this seem weird to anyone else but me? am i crazy or something? why don't people who do the same for slash get called ass kissers? seriously................

People hate that. I know in my life, I have been the same way, honest & blunt, but not an asshole.

The biggest asskiss of all time is Slash. Why do you think everyone loves him? Because he's likeable to the MEDIA. He dishes the dirt and tells them everything they want to know, for a headline. I can remember when Contraband was released, and almost every interview he did was 85% Axl & GN'R, even though he had a new band to promote.

He enjoys it. See Marilyn Monroe. See Michael Jackson. Axl, Marilyn Manson, whoever the fuck...

As soon as you hit the shitlist, you are a sacrificial lamb. They want your blood spilled at the full moon. It's not about truth, it's about sensationalism. If it bleeds it leads, and your in a game that has no rules.

Axl fell into it when he was young. One of the most admirable things about him now, is that he's wiser and takes the high road (most of the time).

sad part is.....it's guns n roses fans talking all the shit about axl and his friends.

No it's not dude. The media created that monster WAY WAY WAY back in the day. Like the late 80's/early 90's.

The Mick Wall's or Bob Guccione, Jr.'s of the world created that speculation about Axl and his core group of friends. Then when Slash came out and basically said the same stuff after everything with the original GN'R soured, it just reenforced everyone's belief in it.

Just because SOME fans are gulliable and believe anything someone tells them, doesn't mean they're the ones talking shit. We only read the articles, we don't write them.

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No it's not dude. The media created that monster WAY WAY WAY back in the day. Like the late 80's/early 90's.

The Mick Wall's or Bob Guccione, Jr.'s of the world created that speculation about Axl and his core group of friends. Then when Slash came out and basically said the same stuff after everything with the original GN'R soured, it just reenforced everyone's belief in it.

Just because SOME fans are gulliable and believe anything someone tells them, doesn't mean they're the ones talking shit. We only read the articles, we don't write them.

dude, i remember how it was back in the day. i am aware the shit talking didn't start just recently. what i'm talking about is stuff i read on these forums....and i'm assuming people who are on a gnr forum are fans of gnr. if they're not, and they choose to join a band forum just to talk shit, then they have waaaaaay too much time on their hands!!!!!!!!!:drool:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

See Paxcow.  I ain't saying Del is not a good guy cause I don't know him.  But he gives the impression he is an ass kisser.  Just mention the name Axl and he goes on and on.  I appreciate the fact that he is appreciative of Axl for helping him out.  I can only applaud that.  And I do believe it when people who know Axl say he is loyal, generous and all that.  I've heard of a few stories that shows Axl being loyal and generous.  I ain't disputing that.  But when he speaks of Axl he tends to butter it up pretty thick.  He could say he will be forever grateful towards Axl and is a great friend and we'd all get it. 

As for the Slash bashing.  Del and Beta are really annoying with this.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Slash all that much.  He left the band like 13 years ago so they should get over it.  This bashing thing is childish at best.  I hated when Slash did it a few years ago where every interview he did he only bashed Axl.  The breakup of the old band is not just Axl's fault, but I dloubt it is just Slash's fault either.  They all have their faults.  Duff said it best in 2002.  That was a band that went from living in a shitty apartment and the next day they became the biggest band in the world.  And unfortunately for them there is no how to book on becoming famous and handling it.  So that is my beef with Del and or Beta.  No hard feelings.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

dude, i remember how it was back in the day. i am aware the shit talking didn't start just recently. what i'm talking about is stuff i read on these forums....and i'm assuming people who are on a gnr forum are fans of gnr. if they're not, and they choose to join a band forum just to talk shit, then they have waaaaaay too much time on their hands!!!!!!!!!:drool:

'Ah, I see what you're saying.

Like...

New Gunz n' Rozes sux! Asshole Roses needs to just realize he's nuthin' without Slash. He needs to reunite the old band, because all of the new stuff sounds like sheit. It's just the Axle Rose Solo Band. VR rulz!!!!!11111111

Like that kind of stuff?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Ah, I see what you're saying.

Like...

New Gunz n' Rozes sux! Asshole Roses needs to just realize he's nuthin' without Slash. He needs to reunite the old band, because all of the new stuff sounds like sheit. It's just the Axle Rose Solo Band. VR rulz!!!!!11111111

Like that kind of stuff?

I ain't saying that at all man.  Slash hasn't released anything decent since snakepit's 1st album.  And Axl, well Axl hasn't really released anything yet.  But the leaks we got are promising.  But it's been at least 13 years since Slash left.  They need to get over it.  Theyc can both do their own thing and let it be.  Like I said.  I hated when Slash was on a Axl bashing streak a few years back.  And Del and Beta are really starting to sound like crybabys the way Slash sounded.  Never said new GNR sux or that VR rules.  As a matter of fact VR sucked.  New GNR well....  It's Axl solo.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually I was referring to Pax in the previous page. Forgot about the 4th page, and didn't quote.

Sorry for the confusion.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I really have no opinion on Del James except that when a guy admits if he wrote a book, he'd do the exact same thing that Slash and Nikki Sixx are "guilty" of, how much can I believe his interview in the first place.

I think Slash painted himself really clean in his book, squeaky even. But, I guess at the end of the day, I look at the calendar and see the year 2008 readily closing and Axl still hasn't released an album. And, I figure, hey, if Slash was really that big of a deal in GNR coming apart, if he was in the wrong so often, why in the holy hell would Duff and Matt form a band with him again? When Axl is the only remaining member in GNR (even though three of them are united in a band) and Izzy Stradlin craters at the thought of the words "lead singer", I am very cautious of approaching anything Axl or his friends consider "truth".

Reading some Axl Rose interviews, the guy either comes off as a major genius or a major tool. Some of his words are awesome, the next time he disses people complaining about him going on stage late because they wouldn't be complaining if they were getting laid (huh?) or the fact that he's not ready to go on stage and would be giving a half-assed show if he didn't go on stage when he felt like it. This shit just doesn't fly in the real world. It does not work like this and Axl has so many really weird flaws that it's hard not to take Slash as the bearer of what is closest to the truth. If what Slash says about Axl never showing up to rehearsals and recording or jam sessions is true and basically Axl using them as contract musicians is true (both of which I have no reason not to believe), that is all I need to know about who is at fault for the break-up of Guns N' Roses.

Board footer