You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Shannon Hoon Book to include chapter 'Axl and Shannon'

The following is from the author of "A Devil on One Shoulder and an Angel on the Other: The Story of Shannon Hoon and Blind Melon"

--The book is 344 pages long, and is available for purchase at Lulu.com for $19.99 (not including s&h and tax). This is the direct link to buy/check it out: http://www.lulu.com/content/3997101

--There are samples of the book to read at the aforementioned site [from the chapter 'Axl and Shannon,' and a bit of 'L.A./Blind Melon Forms']. Also, the names of all the chapters and a complete list of everyone I interviewed for the book is included in the book preview - I interviewed over 50 people for the book (the quotes from Shannon are taken from magazine articles, and there's a quote from Robert Plant from a magazine article - other than that, all the quotes in the book are from interviews I conducted).

--There are quite a few never-before-seen pix included in the book.

--Shortly, I'll be putting up quite a few pix on my myspace site
(www.myspace.com/gregpratopage) that did not make it into the book.

If you have any questions/comments about the book - feel free to email me at gregprato@yahoo.com.

With Chinese Democracy on the potential horizon this isn't the world's biggest GNR news but it should be interesting. Shannon and Axl were freinds, although the rest of the band didn't really like Axl, this has the potential to be an objective view. This isn't a book that would pander to any base of Guns fans, since it isn't aimed at Guns fans at all.

The link includes an exerpt from the chapter.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Pretty good writing about Axl and Shannon.

Gives a much needed discussion of Axl's human qualities and willingness to help a friend.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

is this an official biography?

Communist China

I don't know everything about it Neemo, but band members and Nel Hoon (Shannon's mother) gave interviews for this book, and the Blind Melon community has been behind it for a long time. It's not like those biographies of Axl that are out there, where they just lie and spell names wrong. This has legitimate never-before-seen pictures and new interviews, so I'm treating it as official. It's closer to an Axl biography by Del James than it is to one by Mick Wall.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

ron jeremy talks about axl a few times in his book as well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool CC i think i may have to check this book out... 5

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Am I missing something, I can't see any excerpts from the book on either of those links?  Am I just blind?

Communist China

Underneath the picture of the cover one of the little buttons says 'Preview this book' - that links you to all the available page excerpts, including several pages of 'Axl and Shannon'.

Board footer