You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Record Labels to Sell Music on Memory Cards

Saikin wrote:

A memory chip? 

How is that even a good idea?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

By itself it is such a pathetically gay idea it astounds me.

If the memory chip was something they gave you when you physically bought something decent e.g. a CD or vinyl, the bands t-shirt, a concert ticket.  I don't know something, it might be ok. 

But to simply sell a little piece of shit like that on its own is laughable.  Oh wait I better not download this - I really want to have an idividual memory chip of each of my favourite bands.  They look really good all lined up together on my bookshelf.  I also like reading the serial number and other interesting info printed on the chip while I'm listening to the music.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Aussie wrote:

By itself it is such a pathetically gay idea it astounds me.

If the memory chip was something they gave you when you physically bought something decent e.g. a CD or vinyl, the bands t-shirt, a concert ticket.  I don't know something, it might be ok. 

But to simply sell a little piece of shit like that on its own is laughable.  Oh wait I better not download this - I really want to have an idividual memory chip of each of my favourite bands.  They look really good all lined up together on my bookshelf.  I also like reading the serial number and other interesting info printed on the chip while I'm listening to the music.

Talk about really downgrading on their product.  Not really the way to get more sales. 

Here's an idea!  They can put the covers and lyrics on the chips as files as well!  That way you can read it on your computer screen while you listen to it through your shitty computer speakers!  Wonderful!  It's the way of the future! 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ That's a good point, people these days are really into the quality of their music/entertainment experience.  I know here in Oz it almost appears standard that when people build a new home they seem to now have a purpose built "theatre room" ($$'s permitting).  Big flat screen TV, quality sourround sound sound etc etc. 

But all the "inventive" ideas that the record companies seem to come up with these days only seem to offer some type of inferior product with inferior sound quality to match.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The albums are expected to debut at multiple retailers, including Best Buy and Wal-Mart stores in the U.S., and later in Europe.

Rio Caraeff, executive vice president of Universal Music Group's eLabs digital music unit, said the label will initially release about 30 titles in the slotMusic format. The titles will include old and new albums, such as one by singer Akon.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer