You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

-D- wrote:

You guys can go around and around all day but check this out:

There is nothing we have heard that will come close to being as legendary as WTTJ, PC or SCOM. NOTHING. It isn't the new bands fault, IF the old band got back together, they wouldn't be able to touch those songs either.

listen to the guitar work in Track 2 and compare that to the guitar work in SCOM or NR or Estranged or what have u and it basically has NO guitar.

The solo at the end, is OK but its just a flashy, yanking off meaningless jibberish that does nothing to elevate the song whatsoever.

TWAT is a good, not great solo, it gets u there but never goes off and takes u over the top.

when Axl is screaming his "I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR UUUUUUUUUUUUU"

the guitar stays low and on the same thing, if the guitar would start going off super high during that part, that song would take u over the top emotionally but unfortunately it fails to fully deliver.

As I stated earlier, u go listen to Metallica's Death Magnetic and u will understand how generic and bland the riffs on these songs are. Its a credit to Axl's genius and talent that he is able to make great songs around mediocre music.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

buzzsaw wrote:
the UYI demos smoke every single demo we have right now musically.  Every single one of them.  Not some of them, not a few of them...every single one of them.

WAR writes:
every UYI song has a demo. therefore you are saying that my world and shotgun blues are better than "every single demo we have right now" which would include madagascar, twat, and better since............those song leaked and 1 + 1 = 2. i feel sorry for you if history is your best subject since you can't even remember what you posted less than an hour ago.

you do know of these songs don't you?

since you are now completely wasting my time i am gonna go now. as much i enjoy pummeling you i'd rather be spending my free time with my son.

bye

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

buzzsaw wrote:
the UYI demos smoke every single demo we have right now musically.  Every single one of them.  Not some of them, not a few of them...every single one of them.

every UYI song has a demo. therefore you are saying that my world and shotgun blues are better than "every single demo we have right now" which would include madagascar, twat, and better since............those song leaked and 1 + 1 = 2

you do know of these songs don't you?

since you are now completely wasting my time i am gonna go now. as much i enjoy pummeling you i'd rather be spending my free tie with my son.

Somehow the highly sought after My World demo has escaped me.  OK, I'll amend my statement for clarification purposes only.  Every UYI demo that I've heard owns every new band demo I've heard.  I didn't realize you were insane enough to expect me to know how the demos I haven't heard sound.

You're excused.  I know you'd stick around if this was going better for you, so I understand.  Have fun.

war

war wrote:

lol and shotgun blues?

you are in complete denial

war

war wrote:

you acknowledge you are wrong without admitting it

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Incorrect.  I assumed you were smart enough to understand that I couldn't comment on songs I haven't heard.  My bad.

Now go ahead and post again...I'll give you the last word so you feel better about yourself.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I hate to jump in on this argument, but buzzsaw how can you be "right"?  When a lot of the time you're just giving your opinion?  You're opinion is no more right than anyone else's.  Maybe you have examples of when you were right, I really don't know.  But if you're talking about strict opinions, you're not right.

No problem faldor...this is a simple answer actually.  When you say something is going to happen (an opinion) and that's what happens, that makes you right.  So yes, an opinion can be right, as mine usually are.  Some of mine haven't yet had the opportunity to be right, so those are neither right or wrong.  I imagine a couple times I've even been wrong (though I don't recall any specific examples) and in those cases, you are correct, I was not right.  Does that help?

That's fine, I was just unaware of any specific examples.  But I don't need any, I'll take your word for it.

No offense to you but I hope you're WRONG with your current opinions or prognostications.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I hate to jump in on this argument, but buzzsaw how can you be "right"?  When a lot of the time you're just giving your opinion?  You're opinion is no more right than anyone else's.  Maybe you have examples of when you were right, I really don't know.  But if you're talking about strict opinions, you're not right.

No problem faldor...this is a simple answer actually.  When you say something is going to happen (an opinion) and that's what happens, that makes you right.  So yes, an opinion can be right, as mine usually are.  Some of mine haven't yet had the opportunity to be right, so those are neither right or wrong.  I imagine a couple times I've even been wrong (though I don't recall any specific examples) and in those cases, you are correct, I was not right.  Does that help?

That's fine, I was just unaware of any specific examples.  But I don't need any, I'll take your word for it.

No offense to you but I hope you're WRONG with your current opinions or prognostications.

I know nobody will believe it, but so do I.  As much as I'm disappointed with what Axl's done to GnR, I'm still a fan of his (albeit one with high expectations).

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I still think that TWAT is great and the studio track CD rocks and find a lot of great parts in IRS, The Blues (live, of course), Better, and some in Madagascar, and these songs are better than a lot off UYI... but not better than the better half of UYI. And the other songs, like Song 2, If The World, Riyadh, Shackler, Silkworms... these are really bad and uninspired tracks in my opinion. I don't wanna hear them.

I do some test time to time. The result is: rocker guys do like Chinese Democracy and do not care bout the other songs, or think those suck. Girls like TWAT and The Blues. Everyone I asked said that If The World, Shackler, Song 2 were horrible. Some liked Riyadh, but some hated even Better.

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Incorrect.  I assumed you were smart enough to understand that I couldn't comment on songs I haven't heard.  My bad.

Now go ahead and post again...I'll give you the last word so you feel better about yourself.

you haven't heard MY WORLD and SHOTGUN BLUES?

if you have heard UYI 2 then you have heard one up from the demos and i will give you that...............

BETTER and MADAGASCAR demos vs MY WORLD and SHOTGUN BLUES in finsihed form

(even though you are the one that said "any demos" and now are backtracking by saying you haven't heard those demos so it doesn't count)

which is better, buzzsaw?

I respect your OPINION if you choose the uyi tracks but question your honesty and, frankly, your hearing 14

be careful because if you choose madagascar and better you kinda owe me an apology for arguing your case over and over again when you were in fact wrong when you said:

buzzsaw wrote:

Board footer