You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Certain Guns fans bands worst enemy!

Not all Guns' fans, but many come across as fairly mindless xenophobes.

The last thing GNR need right now is to be characterized, falsely, as a bastion of the American Taliban and all of it's denigrating idiocy.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about?  I dont know about other forums, but this place is really good when it comes to keeping political discussions out of the main forum. 

I havent been around so much recently, but has this sort of thing happened here?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bright Eyes 2005

I am not talking about here--but a few other GNR sites (it's negative insulting non-stop), and when GNR fan's seem to speak for the whole fan base, and usually throw in racial slurs.  It just makes the whole stereotypical response, "GNR fans=racist/xenophobic" look legit.  I would say 99% of our fans are the total opposite.  We all have various opinions and differing ideologies, but I do not see anyone here, barring a few, resorting racist attacks and insane insults to make a point.  It is refreshing compared to what I see out there.  I am sure band members read the mindless shit at other places and get embarrassed for the band.  That has been one of the "image" issues the band has faced since 93/94, regardless of the members (obviously Axl's aware of it, as he has gone out of his way to combat that image).  It is something they need to overcome in the worst way.  Most music fans are open-minded, and reject racist/xenophobic non-sense, and entities associated with bigotry are viewed as "worthless"

Sorry, I am cranky as hell, and have read some blogs regarding GNR, and the comments sections are chock full of retard GNR fans lobbing racial attacks all over the place.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Robin had his dick sucked by Marilyn Manson.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What in the fuck bright?

Normally you're a solid poster, but this came out of left field.

I think you're forgetting one thing, just because some jackass posts on a GN'R blog or a GN'R forum does not mean they are GN'R "fan". There's TONS AND TONS AND TONS of trolls that patrol the internet, and INTENTIONALLY say inflammatory things just to get a rise out of people.

And you fell for it.

Bright Eyes 2005

I am editing the main post, but went to a few boards I don't usually travel, and was dumb enough to read the comment sections of a few other pop culture boards, and was embarrassed by some of the so-called GNR fans posts.  I would hope most people understand that most GNR fans are not like that, but I still hear comments by many that think GNR fans are dumb, xenophoic morons--and reading some of the stuff out there just reinforces that stereotype.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Robin had his dick sucked by Marilyn Manson.

Possibly the highlight of his career.  How sad is that?

Board footer