You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Baz: VR or Axl?

Yeah I don't think Baz is that manipulative or cunning to basically play off all the ex GNR members in an attempt to get back in the limelight. I'm sure he saw the opportunities when he tried out for VR but when he got rejected I doubt thought 'hmmmph I'll try Axl then!' The Axl Baz thing was a chance thing for Baz imo initiated by Axl, I'd say Baz just got lucky with that.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Yeah I don't think Baz is that manipulative or cunning to basically play off all the ex GNR members in an attempt to get back in the limelight. I'm sure he saw the opportunities when he tried out for VR but when he got rejected I doubt thought 'hmmmph I'll try Axl then!' The Axl Baz thing was a chance thing for Baz imo initiated by Axl, I'd say Baz just got lucky with that.

i agree, but i bet you Baz is pretty relieved now that he never got the VR gig....:laugh:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elmir wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

i agree, but i bet you Baz is pretty relieved now that he never got the VR gig....:laugh:

Missing out on millions of albums sold the past few years, a grammy, and a ton of media attention? I doubt the word that comes to his mind is 'relieved".:haha:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

I bet you VR is pretty relieved they didnt let Bach in the band. The guy can't write a good melody.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Robman wrote:

I bet you VR is pretty relieved they didnt let Bach in the band. The guy can't write a good melody.

Now relieved could be used in this case.:haha: Thats nothing against Baz by the way. Getting a singer to fit into the Slash/Duff/Matt spectrum is not an easy thing to do. The choice they did make wasn't all that great, and I am a huge fan of STP.

Slash is right that a Baz fronted VR would be extremely dated. It never would have been taken seriously. Also makes you wonder if Axl was a factor in them not choosing Baz. Baz and Axl have a history that goes back to GNR's prime. He might have been ruled out quickly just on the possibility of even more bad blood being wedged between the different sides.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Personally I like Baz, Axl and VR smile wink

I don't think Axl was his back up plan as such, I think its more that Baz is a professional musician at a high level and thus is interested in high level work when it arises. Such as the vacancy in "The Project" or opening for Axl.

He makes the odd anti VR remark now, but no one likes to be rejected so u can expect a bit of that. I notice too that its usually anti scott or anti stp songs and not so much anti the ex-gnr members when he says stuff too.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Personally I like Baz, Axl and VR smile wink

war wrote:

bach tried out for vocals in vr, yes. he did not try out for vocals in gnr. unrelated so far. he then, as mentioned, stumbled into the gnr world after axl contacted him by text. definitely not a plan b or a plan of any kind. he then opened for gnr. still no parallel of any kind to trying out for vr. then he exchanged guest spots on albums with axl with, again, having nothing to do with trying out and being rejected by vr. he may be bitter about losing the job to scott weiland, ofcourse, but axl and baz's relationship has nothing to do with it other than the fact that axl probably never would have contacted him if he was in vr and, henceforth, baz would have never opened and or traded guest spots on albums with axl.

Agreed.

Based on what I've heard so far, Baz is trying to make Slave to The Grind 2, without the guys who wrote STTG. I love Baz, and he's one of my all time singers, but the last 10+ years showed it that he can't write a tune, he needs the help of guys in the caliber of Snake or Rachel Bolan. The three songs I've heard are mediocre at best - when I mean mediocre I mean my music standards, and I'd be grateful if today's music would be as good as Baz's songs. It doesn't make them good songs though.

I don't care about those who are hailing now Bach cause he's friends with Axl. Had he joined VR, the same guys would have hated the shit outta him. I think VR could have been the greatest GN'R tribute band of the world with Baz - thanks to God and Slash, they decided not to sign him. It's great that the guy found Axl (or Axl found him) and he gets some media attention. I can only hope that he'll rejoin Skid Row once gain, cause that was the shit. Slave is one of my Top10 favourite albums of all time 9

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't care about those who are hailing now Bach cause he's friends with Axl. Had he joined VR, the same guys would have hated the shit outta him. I think VR could have been the greatest GN'R tribute band of the world with Baz - thanks to God and Slash, they decided not to sign him. It's great that the guy found Axl (or Axl found him) and he gets some media attention. I can only hope that he'll rejoin Skid Row once gain, cause that was the shit. Slave is one of my Top10 favourite albums of all time 9

Agreed.

bba

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

To all the people that think Baz stumbled onto the gnr thing: How exactly do you think Axl got Baz's cell phone number to text him?  Is there some underground washed up former singer phone book he has access to?  If so, I'd like to get Susanna Hoff's number please.

Board footer