You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

monkeychow wrote:

Wow...this is pretty exciting....I dont think we can complain about the lack of 'new' songs...our fault for downloading the 9 workprints or whatever. Besides...those are kickass songs...and finished properly would be awesome...i'd be more upset if they just vanished....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I.R.S. is a B-side always has been. I remember where every freaked out because it leaked on Eddie Trunk's show, and thought it was some significant thing.

Bad Apples leaked from UYI 1. Is that some legendary GN'R track? No...

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Compared to the number of GN'R tracks per year I'm used to getting, three new tracks suits me just fine.

I've always thought that a proper studio version of I.R.S. would be awesome.

I hope I'm right.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i think IRS will kick ass in finalised mix. Not the best song ever made maybe...but it will definately rock....i love parts of the the song in the demo....

I also think "Street of Dreams" is a much better title to the Blues...not only does it capture more what the song is about to me...but it avoids the confusion of using "blues" in the title of a song thats not musically in the blues progression type thing.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The one I really want to hear is Catcher in good quality. That was the weirdest of the leaks because it was someone recording it the old fashioned way instead of a CD rip like the others. LOL.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

ALSO. Guys, we should be excited about this, not too bummed. What about tracks like Seven, The General, Thyme, Ides of March, Leave Me Alone... SILKWORMS (Can I get a hell yes?!)... seems like they decided to dump all the already heard tracks on the first record (which to be fair, was probably already what they were going to do.. which is why they leaked)

What I'm trying to say is that we have more to look forward to and hopefully they don't take much longer than a year to release a new disk

Ain't it funny how we hope that the rest is better than what we've heard? roll

I'm happy that this album comes out and this saga will end, although something studio miracle would be badly needed to save the album from mediocrity. On the other hand it's interesting that songs like Rhiad, Catcher etc. that were planned for the second or third album (according to band members) ended here. Anyway, it's just an album, Axl made a big mistake acting like it's rocket science. Had he released it in 1999-2000, or 2002 at last, it wouldn't have been a worse album.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

ALSO. Guys, we should be excited about this, not too bummed. What about tracks like Seven, The General, Thyme, Ides of March, Leave Me Alone... SILKWORMS (Can I get a hell yes?!)... seems like they decided to dump all the already heard tracks on the first record (which to be fair, was probably already what they were going to do.. which is why they leaked)

What I'm trying to say is that we have more to look forward to and hopefully they don't take much longer than a year to release a new disk

Ain't it funny how we hope that the rest is better than what we've heard? roll

I'm happy that this album comes out and this saga will end, although something studio miracle would be badly needed to save the album from mediocrity. On the other hand it's interesting that songs like Rhiad, Catcher etc. that were planned for the second or third album (according to band members) ended here. Anyway, it's just an album, Axl made a big mistake acting like it's rocket science. Had he released it in 1999-2000, or 2002 at last, it wouldn't have been a worse album.

i hate you so so much, die of gonorrhea.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Man, The Blues is a much better title. I wonder if the title change was input from the label.

I don't know. Street Of Dreams sounds like a Vixen song.

Kind of down about Catcher being on the album. Hopefully Sorry, This I Love and Scraped are killer tunes.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

i dont think we have complained enough, lets complain more.

Board footer