You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The Eagles Thread (Number one album)

BLS-Pride wrote:

With their first studio title in nearly 30 years, the Eagles land atop The Billboard 200 with "Long Road Out of Eden," which sold 711,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The Eagles Recording Co. album, available exclusively in the U.S. through Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and the band's Web site, scores the year's second-best first-week total, behind Kanye West's "Graduation" (960,000).

As reported last night, this marks the first time Billboard has allowed exclusive album titles that are only available through one retailer to appear on its charts.

Previously, titles that were not generally available at retail were not eligible to appear on The Billboard 200, but were entitled to chart on Billboard's Top Comprehensive Albums, which includes catalog titles and proprietary albums from retailers willing to report those sales.

Good for them. 711,000 is great in today's world. It's a good album and any fan should pick it up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I need to get this. I haven't even heard anything from it yet.

This album prevented Britney from reaching number 1. Thank God. I love how the media is spinning the Britney story though. They are hailing it as a smash success and her comeback is bigger than imagined, but what they wont tell you is that her album sold around 150,000 copies less than was expected. It sold around 200,000 copies.

Yeah, 711,000 copies in this era is not too shabby. This would have sold millions in the pre downloading era.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I love how the media is spinning the Britney story though. They are hailing it as a smash success and her comeback is bigger than imagined, but what they wont tell you is that her album sold around 150,000 copies less than was expected. It sold around 200,000 copies.

Yeah, I think her mgmt & publicist were expecting it to sell a ton, then hail it as a big "comeback" "Oh, how sweet, she had such a tragic life & she made it thru" (a la Tina Turner & her 1984 album). Only, with downloading the album sales sucked!  And the album probably sucks too!  And to pour salt on the wounds, The Eagles album topped it to place #1 in the charts by a landslide!!

That orchestrated "comeback" failed miserably. Time to start planning for her next comeback 2-3 years from now. I guarantee you she stays in the news (TMZ) from now until then with stupid drama shit. I'm predicting a "drug-bust" and a DUI, since she already used her rehab & failed marraige cards.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

Anyone know the current Eagles line-up??! Thanx. smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think its Henley, Frey, Walsh, and Schmidt. I dont think Felder and that other guy(forgot his name at the moment) are involved.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Number 1 in the UK this week as well I think, with very little promo from what I've seen.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah here in the US their album was only released at Wal Mart, Sam's Club and the band's website. It still sold over 700,000 the first week. It's good to know people still listen to real music.

Board footer