You are not logged in. Please register or login.

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

Re: weird reaction...psychosomatic?

today me and my husband were working, cleaning a house. i'm in real estate dealing with foreclosed properties; this is a way to for us make a little extra $$. so anyways a couple of the toilets were HORRIFIC. maybe i'll post pics later.

the bad one upstairs APPEARED to have a wet paper towel in it. wearing gloves, i attempted to remove it, fighting back gags.

what began to happen next was weird: sharp pains in my jaw muscles. almost like spasms. i sort of scraped up whatever it was and dropped the ick in the trashbag. the pains stopped, but my curiosity was piqued.

it didn't feel like i was going to puke (and i didn't) but what trips me out is this is something i have never experienced before: something so disgusting it hurt to touch it? though i didn't even really touch it due to the gloves.

so i thought i'd share this bizarre experience.

thoughts?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

An even worse reaction would have been no reaction at all. I guess there's still a human element to the degradation of society.:laugh:

Do you see other homes in horrid conditions such as that? If not, that could explain your specific reaction to the "wet paper towel". If it was a first time experience, your response will be a bit more extreme.

Post pics of this toilet please.:mosh:

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Ive had something like that once. Was asked to clean an office work yard and I got paid £40 for it which is about $80. I was happy enough two hours work for that was fine by me. However it involved shoveling some garbage into this great big disposal unit. Was the most disgusting smell ever and at one point I sorta felt the same sort of Jaw pains where you feel like you'll be sick but you can't. Was disgusting and "unpleasant" to say the least.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

My job is to sell foreclosed properties and while I thankfully don't have to go in them, I do get to see photo's before we get them cleaned.  The conditions some human beings live in boggles the mind.  We've had a bath full of shit, bottles of piss piled high, plates of rotten food on every surface, a yard full (and I mean full) of used nappies.  I could go on but I'll not.

I think a reaction like that is probably nature's way of saying stay away from this or you're gonna get sick!

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

okay all. here's pics.

before...

yuck.jpg

and after!

yuck-undone.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That is disgusting. It doesn't even look like paper towels. More like runny shit. I definitely would have been gagging. I'm actually surprised that the toilet seat was that clean.:haha:

Board footer