You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: High quality album art released by Universal Music...

tejastech08 wrote:
sic. wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axl supposedly took the picture when he was in China.

Once more, it wasn't Axl. It was Dizzy's tech, who took the picture... Not sure which came first, though, the title or the image.

It is from China though, right?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

As far as I know, yeah, the image is from China.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

23 page book! fucking awesome...ther eis prolly 4 pages of thank you's and 2 of credits hahaha

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

when you print a booklet, you do a double print on a single page, so when folded, you get 4 pages.....i.e...so you work in multiples of 4....

a 23 page booklet is not a possibility....

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

maybe he didnt count the cover...or the center as one page

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Neemo wrote:

maybe he didnt count the cover...or the center as one page

yeah, seemed to me like a simple omission like that....people usually never count the back cover as a page either....

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wow. That info is cool to have. So is it a digipack?

thats a possibility too...the front page of the book is usually glued down

MATT - A REAL FAN wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think there's too much "Guns N' Roses" all over it. It's overkill. Simpler is better.

I think that cover would be awesome if they totally dropped "Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy", and it was just the bare pic, with the spray paint Guns N' Roses on the top-left, and the new small GnR logo at the bottom right.

While I see your point, and probably would have liked it better the way you describe (it's how I always imagined it, but w/o the logo), this album also has become so big, it might as well arrive with all of the pomp and circumstance. No need to be quiet about it now! As if to say, " -->THIS IS CHINESE DEMOCRACY!<-- You've only waited forever! Here it is!!"

Great find, this is the first place that I saw this posted! I think it looks pretty cool and yeah, it was a photo that someone sent to Axl and talked about this in August of 2002 in Hong Kong.

MATT

HAHA so true, it's such a long, drawn out, saga that has finally come to end, they could have put it in neon lights on the cover. 

I have to agree that the cover would have been much cooler the way Axlin08 described it.   I'm not complaining, I am thanking my lucky stars we are getting it, this is just constructive criticism.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
elmir wrote:

i dont like this new logo....that seems too "first year of college" kind of thing to me...

Very much agree!  Amateurish.  And reminds me of the circus for some reason.

Maybe we should've let Axl know we were available....?

I guess it's just a logo for the album though, because the Chinese characters on the banner there mean "Democracy".

Board footer