You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: have the leaks killed the hype?

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

A LOT more people make their way to Wal-Mart than BB.  Anyway, the real test will be week 2 sales, not the week 1 sales when every internet fanboy has purchased 5 copies for himself.  I bet it takes years for BB to get rid of their initial purchase if the numbers reported are accurate.

Week 1 sales do alot to help week 2 and thereafter. If it does huge numbers in week 1 then it helps create buzz for week 2 when people who didn't buy it look into it to see what they missed out on.

Yeah, very true.  And buzz you're always looking to downplay any success GNR may have.  At first it was, Chinese Democracy (the song) did well the first day but let's see how it does the second day.  From my perspective the hype didn't die at all, maybe we had to wait for the 3rd day?  Now it's, well it'll sell well the FIRST week, but just wait till it flops the second week.  I see where you're coming from, I mean you could be totally right.  It just seems you seek out the negative and fail to ever recognize the positive.

I never said to wait for day 3.  I said let's see how it does when the crazy internet people get tired of voting a million times.  As for CD, I said years ago that if it ever came out it would sell big week one (before album sales started declining) and I still say it will do well week 1.  I'm saying what it sells in week 1 won't be a good indication of what the public thinks, but if it keeps selling, obviously the public will have bought into it.  I hope that happens, I just don't think it will.

You call it negative, I call it realistic.  The positive is that the album is coming out.  That's good and I'm happy about that.  That doesn't mean that I forget every bit of common sense and freak out about it.  It means I stay cautiously optimistic.  I'm waiting to see if I like it before committing to buying 100 copies for myself and I just don't understand why anybody else wouldn't do the same thing, but impulse anything isn't my strong point.  I tend to think things out and sometimes over think them.

I definitely agree that the leaks have somewhat taken the air out of the tires a little bit when it comes to being excited about the single.  Don't get me wrong with that statement, I am excited there is an actual official single but hearing CD so many times does take the air out a bit, granted the finished product sounds great but if it was a song we never, ever heard, it'd be more crazy on here in regards to the single. 

In regards to the album, I have to agree with Slinger, when the album officially drops in the store ready to purchase, then the excitement will be at an all time high.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don't doubt your claim about wal-mart, but it's ac/dc! That's nuts. Good for them. Shows you the power of good reviews.

I don't understand what you mean by that statement. You sound as if AC/DC is some joke band. They are one of the biggest bands in the world and have sold over 200 million albums worldwide. I'm not shocked to see them have such a huge debut. AC/DC also released a strong single to radio which IMO is a much stronger radio single than CD is.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Definately killed it a bit for me, but unfortunately any excitement left me a long time ago lol.  I haven't even heard the latest lot of leaks and I'm very glad I haven't now.

I do think once we actually have the album, the boards are going to explode.  Can't blame people for being a little reticent after so many ups and downs!

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

IF there was a release date to begin with that was stuck to, i wouldnt have touched the leaks, well ok maybe just a peek at 1 or 2 )), but to me, they were all i was gonna get from axl n co after all the let downs.
I`m a little disappointed i cant enjoy the single like everyone else who aint heard it before, and im sure same goes for the cd when its released (well excpet for the 4 songs left)  I hope he doesnt over-fuckup TWAT cuz thats one of the strongest songs on the cd

Board footer