You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Azoff is blowing up......

PaSnow wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I've been wondering if the reason there are only three songs we haven't heard on CD is because this is the last album on the contract.  If they can get a clean break it makes financial sense to save the fresh music for a bigger payday.

Interesting theory.

Sky Dog wrote:

Azoff has the power to pull off both an old and new Gnr. What may just end up happening is that various lineups will continue to come and go. A "reunion" to the general public could be Axl and Slash back together then fill in the rest with some old some new (which would be good for me because I never want to see Sorum or Adler ever again). Axl has control and won't give it up easy, especially if Chinese is moderately successful.

Also, ereeper makes a good point, in reference to the record label and the remaining material, remember that Black Frog and Geffen are releasing the album. Black Frog, I think, is Axl's company. Remember the guy at the velvet rope who said the Gnr release is a "joint venture" that Axl has final say so on? Who knows what is going to happen because there has been very little detail leaked about the business deal between Axl, the label, and Best Buy. SIC, where are you....Black Frog is very familiar. 10

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

"[Axl] notified ASCAP on or around May 26 that he was switching over the publishing from Guns N' Roses to Black Frog Music Publishing (which he owns) and Kobalt Songs Music Publishing (which is a joint venture with and handles the administration of Sanctuary's publishing)." (MTV, 08/23/05)

I believe Live Era also credits Del James on behalf of Black Frog for going through all the DAT's. Black Frog consists of Axl, Beta and Del, and possibly others.

Board footer