You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Azoff is blowing up......

Sky Dog wrote:

I think Axl hooked his wagon on to the right horse.....check this thread out at the Velvet Rope. Don't post any Gnr shit in there though...

http://www.velvetrope.com/forums/ubbthr … Post590980

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow! gnr is gonna pull some weight it seems if azoff has any say in the matter

Sky Dog wrote:

He will pull a TON of weight at reunion time with negotiating tours. I think you will also see Gnr leave Geffen/UMG. Quite frankly, Chinese may be the last major label release as it may have ended their contract. Thus, Geffen being the label to release it. Gnr could go the Eagles route, no label, with Azoff. 10

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

He will pull A TON of weight at reunion time with negotiating tours. I think you will also see Gnr leave Geffen/UMG. Quite frankly, Chinese may be the last major label release and Gnr will go the Eagles route with Azoff.

What is "the Eagles route"? I'm a bit out of the loop on this I guess.

Sky Dog wrote:

Pretty much their own independent label.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

It worked for the Eagles. I can see GN'R going that route with Azoff at the helm. Imagine the rewards they'd reap if they were to have complete financial control of their own reunion.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

It worked for the Eagles. I can see GN'R going that route with Azoff at the helm. Imagine the rewards they'd reap if they were to have complete financial control of their own reunion.

For the first time in about 8 years, I'm gonna go against myself and say theres never going to be a reunion. Its been so long since the old guys left and so long to get this album off the ground that think this new GNR are supposed to appeal to a whole new fanbase with little regard for those that supported the band back in the day. After all its been brutally apparent that Axl has little to no regard whatsoever for those that enabled him to earn the power to spend $13mill on an album over 13 years in the first place.

I've always been interested in the new music, and while some of it has been great and some of it appalling I always thought that it was nothing but a stepping stone to getting the real GNR back again. I just dont think its on the agenda or will be in the near future. Theyre gonna hype this thing on the brand name and shove it down our throats whilst trying to hoodwink people into thinking this is how GNR has been since day 1. Despite everything over the last week we still dont know whos in the damn band. Its great to see Slash all over the place but I wonder how long it'll be before the public eye recognises him as 'That Guitar Hero Guy' instead of the quintessential GNR guitarist. This is a GNR-Lite for a new generation.

Whilst we've all had a stupendous wait for the album, theres a lot of GNR fans that hoped that wait would lead to a reunion - I just dont think thats ever going to happen.

Hope I didnt hijack the thread and I'm not trying to be on one of 'those bloody Reunionists! But with Azoff's track record etc etc I think my post is appropriate.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Irving Azoff has become a legend almost as a 'pro-artist' manager, something that back in the day didn't exist in the business.

As he continues to gain more and more power, it will gain GN'R more power. Future albums, under a potentially independent label, won't face Axl as much scrunity, he'll have more creative control, yet the same push from Azoff in the media. Thus, maybe a quicker release, considering the material they're sitting on right now. A reunion will give GN'R money like winning megaball, then spitting it.

Axl hitched himself to the right wagon. The only issue becomes Azoff is gonna be in demand, and any hi jinx, and he'll show Axl the door with the snap of a finger.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I've been wondering if the reason there are only three songs we haven't heard on CD is because this is the last album on the contract.  If they can get a clean break it makes financial sense to save the fresh music for a bigger payday.

I just hope that this is the beginning of something new.

I'm sure that we're in for quite a few surprises in the near future.

Board footer