You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Bumblefoot featured Guest on Eddie Trunk Friday Night

Neemo wrote:

i dunno...obviously these guys should all get together and go over the script as to what's goin on and have a final mix listening party and all that shit...i have no idea whats goin on but i think its more of jsut a case of axl being preoccupied with finalizing the latest deal and shit and not informing others

especially if they are doing a live interview they should know some details...as for the callers on trunk's show...obviously someone should have screened them for stupid comments...thats bad professionalism by trunk imo

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Maybe the man himself will give an interview with all the facts and stories we want to hear.

That would be a good way to start.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

W. Axl Rose = Trent Reznor

You do the math. These guys are hired Guns, bottom line. I was blown away with how open Chris Pittman & Brain have been in recent interviews, but even with Pittman, he was being led into the answers of question. Nothing earth shattering was revealed, and he also (like Bumble) didn't know what finally made the album.

It's a damn shame. TONS of people hear Eddie's show, nationwide, this would be the perfect time to talk CD and let the nation know - "i'm GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Bumblefoot"... but instead it was the same old same old.

And I don't blame Bumble. I truely believe he has no clue what's going on.

Only Axl does, and like always REFUSES to do press. I really hope that 23-page liner book will really be the "tell all" we're hoping for.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

the interview was cringe worthy to listen to at some points, and infuriating at some points too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

the interview was cringe worthy to listen to at some points, and infuriating at some points too.

Wanna share any details?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

What I don't get is why did "Beta is a bitch" type calls even get on the air? Isn't that what SCREENERS are for?

It's real simple...

Caller: "Hey I wanted to talk to Eddie about GN'R"
Screener: "Okay, what were you going to say on air?"
Caller: "I wanted to know why Beta is a such a bitch"
Screener: "Listen Slash, how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling"
Slash: "Babybooey, bababooey, bababooey"
(hangs up)

Captain Winkler

do you guys who havent heard it want a downlaod link or just for me to describe it?

Captain Winkler

heres a link to the interview: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AW8IQJP9

if you don't want to download the interview basically went like this.
a lot of irrelevant banter between trunk and ron.
eddie tells ron hes taking calls about the new cd, whilst wrong talks about the bangles song 'eternal flame' as well as sings it a couple of times.
ron is at first apprehensive at first at the prospect of taking calls.
first caller gives a shout out to mygnr.com, rons is then like "i know the questions you're going to ask, you're going to ask whose in the band, whose the drummer, and i am not going to answer you guys"
another caller asks who would win in a fight between tobias and fortus, more eddie trunk yelling about how he wants to talk about the song, ron responding sarcastically to eddie, its very annoying and i just wanted both of them to shut the fuck up.
some caller spouts the anti-nu gnr rhetoric, "saying i hate the song, its axl rose and his hired hands"
eddie asks "what specifically do you hate about the song?"
caller responds "its just inferior, my friends band is better"
few more callers ring and say they love the song, congratulate and thank ron.
and then trunk and ron discuss the whole stigma surrounding the album, and that people are expecting something which can't be delivered.

basically a shit-heap of an interview, and we learn nothing that we already didnt know.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the summary Capt.

Eddie really has to be better with the callers. As soon as I heard "shout out to mygnr.com", I would've immediately dropped the call.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Just finished listening to the interview.... dear me that was a terrible interview/show.

Eddie Trunk didnt help things by allowing some real dickhead questions go to air.  THis was only ever going to go badly and put Ron in an uncomfortable and awkward situation.

It just highlighted the very sad sad situation that Ron and the other members are in (which we all already knew).  Axl treats them like mushrooms.  They either don't know or can't say bloody anything.  It honestly appears that Ron doesn't even know what finished versions of a particular song will be on the final release.  Well sorry that's not a band then.  They can't keep trying to tell us this is a band coz it's bloody not!  These members are given no respect or fucken anything from Axl IMHO.

If Axl wants to run the "band" the way he currently does, the one saving grace thing he could have done is to have released this album under the name Axl Rose NOT Guns N' Roses.  Bumble even mentioned that he wondered what the reaction would be if the CD was released under another name without all the baggage that goes with the Guns name etc etc.

It would certainly make these sort of interviews easier for Ron and the other members because it makes sense then that they are deferring answering any questions because it's not their project or they simply don't know.  But no, they keep trying to convince us that this is a band.  Well IMO it's not, it's a dictatorship.  It makes the name of the album even more comical, "Democracy" my ass, that word doesn't even exist in Axl's vocabulary 14

Sorry rant over, but that interview just really made me angry.  It simply served to highlight the stupidity of this "band/employee" situation.  Poor Ron was on a hiding to nothing doing that interview.  None of the band members should bother doing any interviews until The Master gives them the green light to actually have an opinion and be able to talk freely.  Bring on the release next month so all this type of shit can finally be put to bed!

Board footer