You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: What song did Axl open November Rain with in 2006

deadsouth wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

They definitely did If the World as part of the moving piano jam in 06 a couple of times, of course none of us knew it at the time.

Could you give us info on which show/s??  and is there any decent sounding recordings of said performance????

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dunno to me the intro in 02 is differnet form the intro in in 06 and the song in making of estranged is totally different again

the one in 06 MAY be song #2....maybe

I just don't get the 'may'.

Sounds pretty clear to me it's Prostitute. It was played as an intro in most of the 2002 shows too.

It's just played faster, and strictly the piano part on the intro to Prostitute, minus the immediate opening. It's the piano part that kicks in when Axl goes "if my intentions... are misunderstood", is when that piano kicks in.

Like I said above, Axl just plays it's faster, without beats, when he does it as the intro to Rain in 2002 & 2006.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

^ I just went back and listened two my 2002 Boston bootleg and I can't believe I never picked that up. wow.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

deadsouth wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

They definitely did If the World as part of the moving piano jam in 06 a couple of times, of course none of us knew it at the time.

Could you give us info on which show/s??  and is there any decent sounding recordings of said performance????

I've got no idea, when ITW leaked a few months back I remember somebody linked to a few youtube vids on HTGTH that had GNR in 06 playing jams between songs and they played ITW in instrumental form a couple of times. Unfortunately youtube seems to be devoid of 06 boots at the moment (strange??) and HTGTH has disbled its search function for the moment so for now it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

When ITW leaked, the GNR people went to youtube at once and got rid of the bootleg recordings of most stuff, especially the ITW jam disappeared quickly

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Dammit!!

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

I had a feeling that the intro was a new song. Guess my hunch was right.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Rock Am Ring

Before November Rain Axl plays prostitute in piano (fast)

smeagol2124
 Rep: 0 

smeagol2124 wrote:

There were 2 instrumental pieces before NR.  One is clearly Prostitute, the other (and better) piano solo is what some of us are hopeful to be This I love.  Check the Buffalo or Cleveland or Columbus show out for the 2nd intro

Board footer