You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Hypothetical Situation

Let's say, that like, in a week, GNR's puts some songs up streaming on their website. Would you listen? A lot of us have said that if it leaks we won't listen to it just so the few new songs like Sorry aren't ruined and we have something on the day of release. But what if GNR were giving it away? I doubt we'll be faced with this problem, but if every song is streaming on the website prior to the album's release, would you still avoid it? Could you?

Another side of the 'I won't listen when it leaks' thing is other people, your friends or maybe family. A lot of people know I follow newGNR, have all the leaks, and there's a certain pride with having these songs that other people aren't aware are out there. So if I wait, but a friend doesn't, I don't know how I would take a semi-curious friend hearing CD before I do, when I've been paying extreme attention to Guns for years (since 05, personally, which I know isn't much to a lot of you).

I'd want to still avoid them, but I doubt I could if Guns were playing them on their site.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

At this point, no.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I personally would try not to listen on their site. Having said that, it would be a failure of epic proportions if they were to put the 3 unheard tracks online. Some people might consider just listening to the songs online, then deciding whether to buy it or not. And even if they did, they probably wouldn't be in the rush to buy it on Day 1.

Luckily, I'm not in the position you are with other friends. I have 1 friend who heard most of the leaks, I don't think he visits the forums & I don't think he got the 10 song leak cd. Funny, I was talking with him at my block party & we mentioned CD & this guy nearby said "Chinese Democracy??" as if it were a familiar term to him. I didn't know him, but we mentioned the GnR cd & i think he asked about it or something. I was close to putting the disc on, but it really wasn't the time or the place at the moment, plus I didn't know how it would go over. I wanted to play The Blues though, I really like that song.

Funny to hear you say you've been following since 05.  Not that it matters, I'm just sayin'.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm starting to question my strength as we closer. Even with movies I haven't seen, I find myself, downloading the script, reading it and knowing exactly how it ends going into it.

But it never spoils it for me. So maybe I will listen to new tracks, I dunno. But GN'R will not post anymore new tracks on their website imo, unless they are new singles.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think I'd listen to any of the songs that previously leaked.  I'd do my best not to listen to the 3 that didn't though.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I would probably listen, because as PaSnow said It doesn't spoil it for me. I downloaded the Metallica cd and listened to it for about two weeks before I picked the cd up and was still excited about it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but you hadn't heard leaks and live cuts of Death Magnetic songs for as far back as 7 years either.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I haven't followed that long. Lurked for about a year and just joined this summer.

Board footer