You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: The Great GNR Message Forum Sell out

-D- wrote:

I remember years ago we could talk about anything on GNR forums. You were allowed to have an opinion, you could criticize what you thought was bullshit and people would agree to disagree.

I remember being able to discuss leaks and it was a message forum for the intent of discussing ANYTHING about your favorite band good or bad.

Over the last several years, things have taken a huge turn for the worse. GNR Message Forum Admins are selling their fucking souls to GNR management and regulating a blog.

I remember when GNR went on tour and I read 10 straight positive reviews and thought "WOW!" This shit is a success, only to research myself and realize how many negative reviews got deleted.

Same with the release of CD.

I sit that morning and listened to Krock and 20 callers in a row shit all over that song talking about how much they hated it. Got in the car, listened to other radio stations, same thing, over and over and over and over.

I get on the GNR message forums, and judging by them, its a runaway unanimously, universally loved track because the only thing allowed is good reviews.

That is just dishonest and not what message forums and fanbases are about.

Everything in the world needs a checks and balance whether it be Government or entertainment. Without that, you just have chaos.

In music, the fanbase is the checks and balances. With GNR, our voices have been ripped away from us and we are basically now dictated to and told what we can say and what can't be said.

Why has this happened you asked?

Cause GNR Admins got weak.  U know what? I can't say I blame them. I mean if you are offered perks by GNR management and can hang backstage and go to shows and get emails an be apart of their organization, that would be a hell of an opportunity to turn down.

But for what price though? How much integrity are you willing to give up for this to be a lap dog yes man?

This is why so many sites have now went the way of HTGTH. They hear these rumors of Jarmo hanging with the band and going all over the place and they think that if they do the same, they will get the same perks.

So the GNR Community has become the Foxnews of GNR. puppets to spread only what GNR want you to know and   I think its bullshit and against everything Rock N' Roll is suppose to be.

What's even worse is, u now have a huge huge bunch of ass kissing fans who are going the same way in hopes of becoming "Friends' with these GNR insiders or admins so when GNR come to their city, maybe they will get invited backstage or something..... its just really sad and pathetic. I have never sold my voice out to please anyone because if I had to be an asskissing sycophant to party with GNR backstage, I'd rather keep my rafter seat and know I didn't sell myself out.

I salute James and everyone here for keeping the forum what it should be. A Place for fans, new,old, cynical, positive just whatever type of fan you want to be, it is ok to be that way.

This place is the last of a dying breed for sure.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Everyone who reads all of this get a free Mountain Dew

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I salute James and everyone here for keeping the forum what it should be. A Place for fans, new,old, cynical, positive just whatever type of fan you want to be, it is ok to be that way.

thanks D it really means alot to read that post! 5

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

thanks D it really means alot to read that post! 5

Thanks for keeping it real James & Co! This is the best GNR site out there! 5

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

"You sold your soul but I won't let you in"

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

which GNR messageboards are you browsing, from what i've seen most people are as miserable and lame as you are. OH DONT CENSOR ME I HAVE RIGHTS!
fuck me the internet I S VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

(This post has been deleted at request of Axl's poolboy.)

-D-

-D- wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

which GNR messageboards are you browsing, from what i've seen most people are as miserable and lame as you are. OH DONT CENSOR ME I HAVE RIGHTS!
fuck me the internet I S VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Dude, U can kiss ass all u want, U aren't getting backstage.:thumbup:

The point is, Captain Fonzy, Message forums are meant as a channel for fans to voice their opinions.

The problem in GNR land is, if you don't love every single note, every single thing GNR does, u are not a "FAN"

U have to worship and support and believe in everything they "WANT" u to believe or else u are a troll or a Slash lover, Axl basher and its bullshit.

I quote the NIN's song "Capital G"  about Power corrupting a person.

Just because you are a GNR Admin or Mod or have 20k posts, that doesn't make you anymore of a fan than the next person

GNR have changed my life and have meant more to me than I can even put into words. But I call shit like I see it and that makes me more of a fan because a  fan's job is to let the artist know when they are fucking up.

I remember when VR put out Contraband and did the 3 cover thing. All I heard was how they were 'Greedy" and There's Slash all about the money, trying to rip off fans with different album covers.

It got rumored GNR were going to have 3 album covers of CD and those same people proclaim it to be the greatest thing in the world and I cant wait to get all 3!!!!!!

That is the exact shit I am talking about.

I've always stated I'd like a reunion but now, I would want one just so these people would have to wipe the egg off their face and we'd get to see how true their convictions are.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

i think you're overreacting. axl doesnt care about jarmo or madison, and nor should you.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

people take the internet way too seriously.

opinions are cheap---what isn't is dedicating your private time and money to maintaining a fan site--if said band then let's you into the inner circle-even just a bit on the precondition you maybe make sure there is only nice talk about them--well who wouldn't do it? Jarmo put alot of effort in for a long time--it's his baby and he can do what he wants with it--just as the rest of us can leave if we don't like it (and given i don't post there now, you can infer what i think about the place). But really, these are internet discussion boards and people over-react about their importance.

i'm grateful to anyone who hosts them, and given that they are private undertakings, respect the right for them to set their policies and not accuse them of having lack of integrity. it's time to stop slinging arrows and enjoy the month ahead at whatever forum we choose to post at.

i don't mean this as a shot at you D, glad to have you here....I just am a little tired of the way people are slinging mud at each other when for the most part they've never met in real life. Wrong to make moral judgments about people's character based on internet posts. These are good times to be a fan--and we can all find a community where we can post our thoughts on the actual band and material we care so much about.:rock:

Board footer