You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: What Did You Guys Think Of This Rant...?

polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

BTM came out two years after that rant. Also, Slash doesn't talk about Axl all the time. Slash concentrates on his music career.

To me, whether its a lie or truth is beside the point. The guy refuses to move on, and will do or say anything so he doesn't have to move on.

He has great material and since 2000 had a great band. His obsession with the past is way past the point of absurdity.

Well, Axl doesn't talk about Slash all the time either. He had some bursts in the 02 period, but that is natural given the situation. And if you're referring to the 'incident' last year, well, Slash was the one who came to his house and then lied about in the press. Axl obviously felt very disappointed on how all of that turned out, although having part of the responsibility.

After all, Slash isn't the one constantly being blamed for breaking up the band. He isn't the one getting shit at his own shows. The heat has always been on Axl, so you can't really compare the two. He for sure knows things about the others which gives him another perspective on the situation, and whatever the need for moving on, I can understand how one might feel the way he does.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Its the biggest load of horseshit in the history of the GNR universe. A critical low point in the band's history, and its no surprise that the tour imploded shortly after this rant. He was in no state of mind to be relaunching GNR. He was still obsessed with the past. Instead of releasing a new album, letting the public get to know the new lineup, and taking the first step in the trilogy, all we got was AFD and rants about the old band.

The 2002 tour never should have happened. He clearly wasn't ready, and he wasted the most potential new GNR ever had on that fiasco.

Don't forget that Axl's paranoid rant became the Bible of his nutswingers. They are repeating the same crap each day.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

BTM came out two years after that rant. Also, Slash doesn't talk about Axl all the time. Slash concentrates on his music career.

To me, whether its a lie or truth is beside the point. The guy refuses to move on, and will do or say anything so he doesn't have to move on.

He has great material and since 2000 had a great band. His obsession with the past is way past the point of absurdity.

Well, Axl doesn't talk about Slash all the time either. He had some bursts in the 02 period, but that is natural given the situation. And if you're referring to the 'incident' last year, well, Slash was the one who came to his house and then lied about in the press. Axl obviously felt very disappointed on how all of that turned out, although having part of the responsibility.

After all, Slash isn't the one constantly being blamed for breaking up the band. He isn't the one getting shit at his own shows. The heat has always been on Axl, so you can't really compare the two. He for sure knows things about the others which gives him another perspective on the situation, and whatever the need for moving on, I can understand how one might feel the way he does.

No. Slash went to Axl's house and ended the lawsuit with him. Then Axl puts out his two-faced press release. Very intelligent and nice move 22  Well, then Slash denied that he'd gone to the house, which was a lie, but do you belive he'd say that things to a Brazilian housekeeper? Gimme a break. I'm sure as hell that the parties met and they all lie. Remember the numerous reunion rumors back then (Lars Ulrich, Ian Astbury, Mick Wall, Ross Halfin).

And why'd it be natural to talk shit about your ex-friends whil you're on a tour? All of the other guys were silent about Axl till 2003...Guess Axl's an expert in time traveling and he knew what would happen...

All of them had their parts in the break-up, but Axl can be blamed for most of it. Noone can deny that. Even he was frustrated that he hadn't (and hasn't) done jack shit without Slash & Co.

AtariLegend wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

All of the other guys were silent about Axl till 2003...Guess Axl's an expert in time traveling and he knew what would happen...

What do you mean...?

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

All of the other guys were silent about Axl till 2003...Guess Axl's an expert in time traveling and he knew what would happen...

What do you mean...?

That there was nothing for Axl to react (from Slash & Co)... They didn't even mention Axl in interviews in years. Axl started (again) the name calling and bullshitting that continued with the others' lawsuit against Axl.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

As far as the whole Axl-Slash thing, I don't think a percentage can ever be put on either guy on how much they are to blame for the breakup.

Lets look at it like this....

Post 95, Slash continues his career and build up an impressive resume, which continues to this very day. Rarely mentioned Axl for almost 10 years, and when he did, just said basic shit like it was over and was fun while it lasted.

Post 95, Axl does nothing for years on end while promising the moon every so often(remember the fax to MTV promising an album in 96?). Stays silent for years after that, and when he does attempt a comeback, the comeback revolves around slandering Slash in interviews and on stage.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which side the general public is gonna take.

As I have stated many times over the years, I think they all deserve blame, without putting percentages on each member. However, the approach by each member plays a HUGE role in how the public perceives their responsibility in the implosion. Adler gets fired and spirals into drug addiction, gaining sympathy(or apathy) from the fanbase. Izzy quits at the height of the band's fame and moves on, and is considered the coolest of all members and gets very little blame from the fanbase for the implosion. Gilby gets fired and moves on, keeping a small fanbase along the way who appreciates what he did during his few years in the band. Slash quits and moves on, building on his legacy, and to this very day is respected all over the world. Matt gets fired and moves on, doing various projects along the way and still respected by fans. Duff quits and moves on, goes to college, does various projects, continues his resume, and is widely respected by fans and critics.

Axl stays, and STILL cant let go of the past. Clearly holds grudges, and 2001-02 was nothing more than a diatribe against Slash. In 2006, we get another dose of Slash shit. Its like he thinks his fanbase has waited 14 years to hear him say something irrelevant about Slash. I have said it many times, and I'll say it again: New GNR will NEVER do anything until Axl can get over the ghosts of his past. I don't care how much ass BH kicks on that TWAT outro or how great BH and Finck work well together, you will NEVER see any of that on an album until Axl gets the courage to move on. Period.

This is why its easy for the media and general public to blame Axl for things that have gone wrong. Action speaks louder than words.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

As far as the whole Axl-Slash thing, I don't think a percentage can ever be put on either guy on how much they are to blame for the breakup.

According to Slash, it was all one guy... http://youtube.com/watch?v=v2s4B8t0h-k

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't have the same opinion as Slash......

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Too much to quote

Whatever happened and whoever is responsible, the fact still remains that Axl is the one carrying the heat. You may say he brought it on himself, but we both know it's not that simple in reality.

I understand where he's coming from, that's all.

Board footer