You are not logged in. Please register or login.

cdgnfr
 Rep: 1 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

cdgnfr wrote:

It's so fucking awesome to see the liner notes.

cdgnfr

cdgnfr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm still puzzled why this album couldn't come out in 2001. It is that lineup's album with a few musical additions, none of which justify a 7 year delay in its release. All these songs date back to that era. Nothing new was brought to the table.

Fucking bizarre.

I seriously thought they were re writing the goddamn thing.
You know clearing the slate.

Maybe he wanted to finish the second album before releasing the first?a

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

now i'm concerned about the non-release of the rest of the material

You and me both. 14 I don't think we're gonna get anymore material unless it shows up as a bonus disc at some point on CD. The fact that Bucketmaster and Beltrami share credits on tracks can lead to the possibility that other songs got scrapped and their ideas merged into these tracks. Some of these songs always sounded like cut and paste jobs.

Also, lets take Brain at his word that there are 30 tracks. That's one more album, and there's no point in waiting more years to release something by a lineup that doesn't exist anymore.

That post Bucket lineup twiddled its thumbs for years.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
cdgnfr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm still puzzled why this album couldn't come out in 2001. It is that lineup's album with a few musical additions, none of which justify a 7 year delay in its release. All these songs date back to that era. Nothing new was brought to the table.

Fucking bizarre.

I seriously thought they were re writing the goddamn thing.
You know clearing the slate.

Maybe he wanted to finish the second album before releasing the first?a

That second album was probably finished in 2001 as well. I REALLY look forward to interviews by members of that 2001 lineup.

Thorazine Shuffle
 Rep: 3 

Hey can someone shoot me a PM?  Thanks in advance.

cdgnfr

cdgnfr wrote:

Well he is still working on the third one I guess? That one is taking the longest!!
Must be fucking epic smile

cdgnfr

cdgnfr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Geez all I have to say after reading the credits is overdone much?

14 Yeah, 5 guitarists on some of these songs is ridiculous and unnecessary. Axl was obviously just squeezing in certain people(Fortus, Ron) because they were in the band. Fortus wasn't needed on any of the tracks he plays on. At least Ron did make the most of his input and brought something to the songs. Fortus apparently just strums a guitar ogver Huge/Tobias playing. Dude never should have been in the band, and if so, should have been a touring member only, which in reality is exactly what he is.

I still remember the press release when Axl said they will go on to write some very interesting stuff with fortus. He got in the band after the album was fucking done. I'm sure the third album will be a Fortus album!!:haha:

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Geez all I have to say after reading the credits is overdone much?

14 Yeah, 5 guitarists on some of these songs is ridiculous and unnecessary. Axl was obviously just squeezing in certain people(Fortus, Ron) because they were in the band. Fortus wasn't needed on any of the tracks he plays on. At least Ron did make the most of his input and brought something to the songs. Fortus apparently just strums a guitar ogver Huge/Tobias playing. Dude never should have been in the band, and if so, should have been a touring member only, which in reality is exactly what he is.

TWAT has 6 including Axl. 10 I used to think 3 guitarists was a bit much, but that suddenly seems modest. I think you are right about him just squeezing in people just because they were in the band. I'm also  sure it gave him more reason to stall the album. It's just funny to see all of the layers on these songs. I don't even think the average listener can pick them all out. What's a sub bass anyway? 16

it's still strange to think it took so long to release the fucking album,Axl probably put the best stuff they had on this album and trashed the rest of the stuff.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The credits are insane.  I was looking forward to this more than the album.  Now we finally know who does what.  And Jarmo gets thanked.  Where's James's name in the thank yous?

Board footer