You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

bucketfan wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Imagine...Bucket plays what he does on the album, plus whatever he used to do in 2002, Bumble can play all his additons to CD tracks and cover robins solos. I think it would kick fucking ass.

Thats exactly what I've been imagining also.  bucket

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

Is anyone nice enough to give me a Personal Massage and how to find the booklet?

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

he sounds disappointed

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I know I'd be disappointed.

Just to restate something, I'm confused about how prominently Bucket is featured in the booklet.  Ideally, it would mean he's in the band and will be touring.

But if nothing has changed, it sends a very misleading message to both new fans who might make CD their first GN'R album, as well as old fans who are "rediscovering" Guns or trying to get over the fact that Slash & Co. are gone.  There's a line to walk, fine or not, between giving Bucket the due he deserves and misleading fans at this point. 

If there was a "Guns 'N Roses is:" part of the booklet with the current lineup, then it would be a non-issue, I guess.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

May shouldn't be disappointed, he should be insulted.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

he sounds disappointed

He's not the only one 17

I wish Brian May would be a little less nice and respectful (considering Axl had no respect by not even thanking him) and leak the original catcher though!

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

dumbest decision so far is replacing may solos by finck/bumble, 2 inferiour wankers in mah opinion big_smile

may is way too nice, but then again if he really told what he felt, im sure the gnr camp would rip him like they are used to.

all this band needs is bucket and fortus, sack the rest of pretenders...then we got something.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

chicken_dinner wrote:

dumbest decision so far is replacing may solos by finck/bumble, 2 inferiour wankers in mah opinion big_smile

may is way too nice, but then again if he really told what he felt, im sure the gnr camp would rip him like they are used to.

all this band needs is bucket and fortus, sack the rest of pretenders...then we got something.

Eh, fortus is irrelevant to chinese democracy. All the songs were written before he joined and he much less contributions that even Bumblefoot who joined 4 years later.

Rose, Freese, Buckethead, Stinson and Huge are the 5-man core of the band on the album, like Guns N'Roses always was - 5 guys. Dizzy and Chris add an extra depth to songwriting and the music. The extra guitarists added bits here and there.

Brian May should be insulted his solo on Catcher In The Rye is amazing and I'm not even a Queen fan/

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Of all the leaks, the only one I'm really tempted to download is Catcher because I just can't believe they would change damn near anything about the music in that song. It sounds like they just pissed away Estranged 2 from all I can gather. People can hype TWAT all they want, but it's not universal enough to become as powerful as Estranged is or Catcher was. My main problem with CD is Axl's lack of vocabulary and his singular songs that are extremely relevant to him, but should have been written broader so more people could relate to his music. TWAT is about Axl Rose, Estranged is about Axl Rose but subtle enough that anyone can take something from that song.

Like Adler being kicked out of the band for drugs, May's exclusion is almost like a bad joke. They replaced Brian May with... Robin Finck? Are you fucking kidding?

bucketfan

bucketfan wrote:
Brett wrote:

Like Adler being kicked out of the band for drugs, May's exclusion is almost like a bad joke. They replaced Brian May with... Robin Finck? Are you fucking kidding?

I fucking wish I was kidding.  And the solo sounds bad, completely ruined the song in my opinion (same with Ron's solo in Riyadh).

Board footer