You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Single Best 'Mainstream Rock' Debut

Bono wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

some suicidal people will still try to put on negative spin on this, you watch, either here or on another forum they're out there....waiting...

Not negative but put it in perspective. The quality of rock radio today is far less than it was in 1991. Also saying it's their biggest debut since Don't Cry doesn't say much. How many true radio singles have they put out since Don't Cry. And by true radio singles I mean ones radio would honestly play alot.  Let's be honest. After this long anything they put out would get alot of airplay and be given a real chance at debuting high.  debute for this album won't mean much. A high debute will be nice but It'll be whether or not it has staying power. Will they even be playing Chinese Democracy 3-5 months from now or the albums release.?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

they don't debut at number 1.....Texas doesn't understand that this single debuted higher than Nov Rain, You Could Be Mine, etc.....it was only a partial week. People are very ignorant sometimes. Billboard is reporting it because it DID WELL.

No Billboard is reporting it cause it's Guns N' Roses. believe me had it not done well they'd be reporting it just the same. Chinese Democracy is a story. Good or bad it's gonna get press.

buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, it's also based on airplay.  The question then becomes "why was it played so often?", which is a whole different topic.

So true.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

pretty impressive for a band that's been dormant for over a decade.
i don't know any bands that could be dead this long, lose all of it's key members other than the lead singer, and yet release a first single that rises towards the top of the charts within a week or so.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

pretty impressive for a band that's been dormant for over a decade.
i don't know any bands that could be dead this long, lose all of it's key members other than the lead singer, and yet release a first single that rises towards the top of the charts within a week or so.

Any band with financial resources could do it.  This proves that.

war

war wrote:

i would agree with that had they started the promo two weeks ago

war

war wrote:

they are also not the only band on the list with financial resources including bands that are now below them on the charts

bands that are much more active

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

they don't debut at number 1.....Texas doesn't understand that this single debuted higher than Nov Rain, You Could Be Mine, etc.....it was only a partial week. People are very ignorant sometimes. Billboard is reporting it because it DID WELL.

No Billboard is reporting it cause it's Guns N' Roses. believe me had it not done well they'd be reporting it just the same. Chinese Democracy is a story. Good or bad it's gonna get press.

buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, it's also based on airplay.  The question then becomes "why was it played so often?", which is a whole different topic.

So true.

and the same goes for U2 and any other iconic act... Fact is that it is doing well. Better than You Could Be Mine did...last I checked, that was a pretty highly anticipated single with a ton of label support. Right? You also failed to quote my post about PAYOLA and the Azoff/Iovine combo....I do realize that any Gnr single at this point is going to get radio time. The machine will make it happen. Nothing counts on this record until it goes on sale. Buzzy and Bono sittin' in a tree.....I almost think you are the same person.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

How do you know what went on behind the scenes?  How do you know who paid who and when they were paid to get the song played?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

madagas - just because we get it doesn't mean we're the same people.  Others get it, they just don't feel the need to subject themselves to crap like...well, crap like what you posted. 

Your post comes off as a captain wanker post...does that make you two the same person?

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

How do you know what went on behind the scenes?  How do you know who paid who and when they were paid to get the song played?

how do you? you're the one that made the claim, silly

Board footer