You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: My guitar complaint *spoilers included*

-D- wrote:

For me, it seems at times, the new guitar players try so hard to prove they belong and can fill slash's shoes, that they go too over the top. Like Finck for instance. He will play a nice sounding solo and then he tries to get too fancy and trips over his fingers and it just goes to shit *see Catcher*

Shredding when a nice melodic line would be amazing, missed opportunities to have great little licks/melodies

few solos that are singable which is what really attracted me to GNR in the first place.

This I Love is PRIME and ready and begging for an amazing singable melodic heartcrushing guitar solo.......... instead we get what sounds like a 16 year old praciticing bends...........

What also made GNR special to me was how the guitar would match Axl's vocals and just push it through the ceiling and make your heart just explode.

On the leaks.............. at times it comes close "TWAT" but I never get that emotional push from the guitar solo.

Finger guitar gymnastics is cool the first couple times, but it really wears thin after a while.

Vocals,melodies, emotion  10

guitar playing 5

thats how I rate it.

Catcher was perfect with the May solo......... now....... UGH

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

lame

Captain Winkler

i bet you thought some other negative idiot would come in here and pat you on the back, and reinforce your feelings so you could feel accepted and you could have your own little hate session and baww yourselves silly about the lack of slash until the album comes out, upon which time you would express your utter disappointment. lets just pray it doesn't happen so you're even more miserable.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

negative idiot

More insults?  Will you ever learn?  We don't talk like that around here.

Captain Winkler

jesus christ you act as if i just called him a rapist, 'IDIOT' OH NO SHIT HOW DO YOU PEOPLE COPE IN THE REAL WORLD?!?! assume the fetal position if someone says a swear word?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

^ Listen, we don't insult other members around here.  It's that simple.  Calling someone an idiot is an insult.  Plain and simple.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wink is right on his statement though. "Try so hard to prove they can fill Slash's shoes"... that is a classic dumb old Gunner statement.

Hate to break it to you, Buckethead doesn't have to prove he can fill Slash's shoes. He's a better fuckin' guitar player.

Captain Winkler

you told me to go home, you insulted me, you're guilty of hypocrisy, we dont do that 'round these parts.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Bad
Ass
Nonsense

Happy
It's
Monday

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, Buckethead doesn't have to prove he can fill Slash's shoes. He's a better fuckin' guitar player.

This is your opinion, correct?  I hate to break it to you, but I know a LOT of musicians that prefer a Slash/Hendrix style to a BH/EVH style.  Many people list Hendrix as the best ever, yet he's nowhere near the technical player BH is.  Yet somehow they consider him the best...interesting.

I haven't heard the new songs yet, but for GnR, I agree with the original post.  I think Slash fits the style of the band better than BH does, and I'm not alone.  I said that years ago and it still holds true today.

Board footer