You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Justine Frischmann comes out of hiding, gets married

James wrote:

The female version of Axl Rose finally surfaced again. In Axl like fashion, was months before anyone even knew about it. Some person at the wedding posted the pics on Flickr in July, and it took months for anyone to even find it.

There's not even any articles about it. Nothing but these few pics to even know it happened and that she still exists. M.I.A. was her bridesmaid, and it didn't even make it to her sites.

I'll never understand why this incredibly talented woman withdrew herself from the music world and society in general. Other than going to college in Colorado for a few years(she married her teacher), Justine hasn't been seen in almost a decade.

justine1yn1.jpg

justine2sb8.jpg

M.I.A. without the makeup and fancy clothes.

justine3tg8.jpg

M.I.A. obviously pregnant

justine4wi0.jpg

Justine and family

justine5jz7.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

She was the lead singer/guitarist for one of my all time favorite bands, Elastica. They were popular in the mid/late 90s. Got more recognition in Europe though. Whole band(including Justine) had major drug problems and it broke the band up. She assembled a new lineup, and started recording 'The Menace', which took years. When it was finally released, it flopped big time. They broke up afterwards and then she disappeared.

During the silent years, in some of the GNR articles, Chinese Democracy would get comparisons to The Menace.

Justine also discovered M.I.A., which surprised me when I got into M.I.A. M.I.A. did the cover art for The Menace, and she also recorded an Elastica documentary which will never see the light of day. M.I.A. had no interest in becoming a singer. She was into art and film. Justine practically forced her to sing, and the rest is history.

I still kick myself in the ass for not going to see Elastica on the Lollapalooza 95 tour.

Song that got Elastica famous...

One of their best live performances...

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

She hasn't changed much looks wise...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed