You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Crazy Theory regarding CD and Reunion

-D- wrote:

All of this is pure speculation of course, but I have always thought a reunion would happen.

1.Just the money factor. I don't care who you are, money makes the world go 'round and Axl hasn't made a whole hell of a lot of it since 1994 or so. I'd say he isn't as rich as people think once u think about lawsuits, living expenses, money he blew from the tour on planes, parties, late fees etc. I remember in Slash's book, he talking of all the money they lost on the parties and late fees and jets etc.

Also throw in the fact he probably paid a lot out of pocket for CD and the band members salaries.

Bring in the most famous manager for getting bands back together and u have yet another coincidence. I'm sure part of Axl sees the money Motley and Van Halen have pulled in, and that has to make him consider it.

I mean these days of seperate buses, dressing rooms, the only time he'd have to even see the old members would be on stage for 2 hours. Small price to pay for tens of millions of dollars.

If Tommy Lee and Vince Neil can mend fences and DLR and EVH can... Slash and Axl can.

Couple that with Scott Weiland and his comment about the reunion and how it would happen if they'd shut up about it. Contracts were ready to be signed??

Why would Scott make that shit up? VR broke up? Hmmmmmmmmm u think maybe that had something to do with it? Slash turning on his singer for taking up for him and insulting Axl.........

just very weird scenarios.

Also, why are the record label now releasing a record they didn't want to release 8 years ago? remember it was finished several times axl said but the label wasn't happy?

Maybe a condition for the label releasing CD is a reunion tour.

Axl can't keep a new lineup together, he'd have all the control and would be able to basically do a Gene Simmons/Paul Stanley and hire the members back as "employees" on salary.

I don't think there would be any backlash either as he'd probably help his image a ton by doing a reunion.

Next point is the very little promotion, no band posters, no band interviews etc.

I think u could very easily see a GNR lineup of:
Matt Sorum
Duff
Slash
Richard Fortus *Izzy probably wouldn't want to do a full tour
Dizzy
Chris Pitman

Fuck it, maybe even keep Matt out and keep Frank or Brain or whoever.

If CD is a massive success, maybe this won't happen, but if it isn't and there is a tour and it does as bad as previous US tours...

I think it will definitely happen.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

All of this is pure speculation of course, but I have always thought a reunion would happen.

1.Just the money factor. I don't care who you are, money makes the world go 'round and Axl hasn't made a whole hell of a lot of it since 1994 or so. I'd say he isn't as rich as people think once u think about lawsuits, living expenses, money he blew from the tour on planes, parties, late fees etc. I remember in Slash's book, he talking of all the money they lost on the parties and late fees and jets etc.

Also throw in the fact he probably paid a lot out of pocket for CD and the band members salaries.

Bring in the most famous manager for getting bands back together and u have yet another coincidence. I'm sure part of Axl sees the money Motley and Van Halen have pulled in, and that has to make him consider it.

I mean these days of seperate buses, dressing rooms, the only time he'd have to even see the old members would be on stage for 2 hours. Small price to pay for tens of millions of dollars.

If Tommy Lee and Vince Neil can mend fences and DLR and EVH can... Slash and Axl can.

Couple that with Scott Weiland and his comment about the reunion and how it would happen if they'd shut up about it. Contracts were ready to be signed??

Why would Scott make that shit up? VR broke up? Hmmmmmmmmm u think maybe that had something to do with it? Slash turning on his singer for taking up for him and insulting Axl.........

just very weird scenarios.

Also, why are the record label now releasing a record they didn't want to release 8 years ago? remember it was finished several times axl said but the label wasn't happy?

Maybe a condition for the label releasing CD is a reunion tour.

Axl can't keep a new lineup together, he'd have all the control and would be able to basically do a Gene Simmons/Paul Stanley and hire the members back as "employees" on salary.

I don't think there would be any backlash either as he'd probably help his image a ton by doing a reunion.

Next point is the very little promotion, no band posters, no band interviews etc.

I think u could very easily see a GNR lineup of:
Matt Sorum
Duff
Slash
Richard Fortus *Izzy probably wouldn't want to do a full tour
Dizzy
Chris Pitman

Fuck it, maybe even keep Matt out and keep Frank or Brain or whoever.

If CD is a massive success, maybe this won't happen, but if it isn't and there is a tour and it does as bad as previous US tours...

I think it will definitely happen.

makes more sense than any of us would like to believe...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I don't think your theory is crazy at all.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

I honestly think Axl would rather just go back into exile and stay there than do a reunion which no doubt he would view as crawling back to the other guys even if that wasn't the case

You mentioned the money issue but it's pretty obvious he isn't hurting for cash.  It was just a couple years back where Sanctuary paid him $20 million to lease the licensing rights to his catalogue for 20 years

Axl is a different type of person than people like Vince Neil, Tommy Lee, and David Lee Roth.  He's more of a Roger Waters type

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I think a reunion is only a matter of time D.  I simply hope that it involves new music written collectively by all the guys.  I don't really care much for a purely nostaligic Greatest Hits tour.

From the way I interpret various goings on, the ducks certainly seem to be slowly lining up for such an event.

nugdafied wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

1.Just the money factor. I don't care who you are, money makes the world go 'round and Axl hasn't made a whole hell of a lot of it since 1994 or so. I'd say he isn't as rich as people think

You have no way of knowing how much cash Axl has made since 1994. With smart financial advisors, Axl may have made more since '94 than he did before. There's no way of ever telling how much money people are worth until you actually see their books. For instance, who would have ever known he bought & sold that condo in Vancouver, BC if not for the article about it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Whoa, where's all of this 'logic' coming from? The stuff people were ridin' my ass for, and calling me 'bitch' for the last couple of months?

D, that is a very logical post that makes all the sense in the world.

I said the other day, "the evidence just keeps mounting". This whole CD releases smacks of a "best of new GN'R" release, and the lack of promotion just isn't Mr. Azoff's style. There's a silver lining involved, and it's a big cash pay day GN'R reunion, just like he did with The Eagles & VH.

People don't want to say it, because it's more unbelievable than CD actually getting released.

The lack of CD promotion, is even more bizarre coupled with the fact Slash & Duff have been uncharacteristically silent for the last several months. They practically went "Axl" on the world, after Weiland's departure and comments. Very unlike them. And they are not actively looking for a replacement lead singer.

Something is going on. Even Chris said in a recently interview about how Axl hasn't went back to that "yet", but "he very well could".

Izzy probably would do a full tour, considering his recent interview where he was open to it, and wanted to do it, because "he wrote alot of those songs" or whatever he said.

Axl would keep his additional musicians also.

GN'R
Axl
Slash
Ron
Izzy
Duff
Frank
Dizzy
Chris

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Not happening... interesting speculation though, and if it does, I'll be the first to eat my words

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Axlin08,

I do think a reunion will happen but no way in hell Slash and Duff will agree to a huge production like Axl currently has. The reunion would not be for the purpose of making new music. It's pretty clear that they are headed in opposite directions based on the new music we have heard from all parties since the band broke up. The reunion would be for a tour, which would be awesome for me because I wasn't born until 1985 so I missed out on their heyday. I listen to Appetite and the Illusion albums pretty often so I'd be very pleased with a reunion tour and then they can all move on with their own projects.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash & Duff will agree to anything as long as there's several zeros on a paycheck.

Chris is no big deal. Old GN'R had Teddy Zig Zag back in the day, and Chris is far more a member of GN'R then Teddy.

It all comes down to that 3 guitarists thing. I think Ron stays.

Board footer