You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Google Trends

polluxlm wrote:

Guns N' Roses

googletrends.jpg

Chinese Democracy

googletrendscd.jpg

As we can see the interest for Guns N' Roses is at it's lowest since early 2004, but CD on the other hand is up (although on a decreasing trajectory at the moment). This is probably due to people hearing actual music from the album and liking it.

On the other hand, google activity is probably up big time in the same period, so the actual numbers could in fact be way lower.

Too bad these don't go back to 00/01.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

What do the letters represent?  On the second graph, I guess C is when the leaks happened, right?  E is probably around Axl's letter promising a March release.  And F is people Googling in March to see if it actually happened?

C could also be when Axl returned and they annouced the Hammerstein shows in combination with the leaks.

Man that was a crazy time for the forums big_smile

I think there will always be some interest in GNR as long as all the old members and some new members are out there doing something.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Interesting stuff. Not such a concern that it's only similar to 04 activity, remember in early 04 GH came out, so if interest is similar to then, then that's actually quite good considering GNR are inactive at the moment.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Maybe it's related to me not searching for news stories anymore.  I used to google "guns n roses" like 8 times a day back when there was news.  Now that there's none, I don't do it anymore.  I'm not saying it's my fault, but there are probably many others in my boat.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Backslash wrote:

Maybe it's related to me not searching for news stories anymore.  I used to google "guns n roses" like 8 times a day back when there was news.  Now that there's none, I don't do it anymore.  I'm not saying it's my fault, but there are probably many others in my boat.

I'm in that boat.  21

bba

jac185
 Rep: 3 

jac185 wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I'm not saying it's my fault

I am.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

jac185 wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I'm not saying it's my fault

I am.

I agree with Jac.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Notice the minor spike then plunge in mid 2005? That was when that NYT article that went in depth to the insanity of this project was published.

Great article by the way. I thought it was funny how Merck denied everything in it and then when he got fired last year, basically admitted it was all true.

polluxlm wrote:

Chinese Democracy

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267 … endscd.jpg

As we can see the interest for Guns N' Roses is at it's lowest since early 2004, but CD on the other hand is up (although on a decreasing trajectory at the moment). This is probably due to people hearing actual music from the album and liking it.

On the other hand, google activity is probably up big time in the same period, so the actual numbers could in fact be way lower.

Too bad these don't go back to 00/01.

for the CD one I think its

A. RIR 4 cancellation (or maybe GH)

B. nothing

C. first pics of Axl in over 3 years and then the leaks

D. Hammerstein

E. Axl's letter/L.A. shows

F. March 6th

Board footer