You are not logged in. Please register or login.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

samnuts wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

i have traversed a treacherous sea of horrors to hear "Better" on the radio.....

lol...nice.


if chinese democracy can have this much success, i would be absolutely shocked if better wasn't a hit.   i'm not knocking CD, but better has more hit potential of the two...and CD has done quite well already.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

Furbush wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Am I the only one that doesn't like Better all that much?

it's quite possible....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

gnfnraxl wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Am I the only one that doesn't like Better all that much?

it's quite possible....

I'm afraid so.  *lol*  I've always hated the first leak we got from this song.  The intro and outro on that leak was pure torture to my ears.  The song has it's strong moments for sure.  But the intro and outro just killed it for me.  And while it has changed since then whenever I hear Better I can only hear that horrible sound.  Sounded like a cat that was being castrated.  *lol*

James
 Rep: 648 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The entire album is better than 99% of what's out there.


Take the weakest track (in your opinion) from the album, and I guarantee you it's fucking Coma, compared to what's out there.

I disagree, especially with the 99% figure.

Obviously I'm a huge GNR fan and think this album has some killer tracks, but its not even my favorite album this year. That award goes to Santogold, and this Goldfrapp album is amazing and it could actually knock CD out of the second spot. Only reason it cant at this point is simply because I've only been listening to it for less than a week.

If i put This I Love up against Cologne Cerrone Houdini, This I Love loses by a large margin. Hell, the Alanis track Not As We could give This I Love a run for its money.


I realize music is subjective and we all have our own tastes, but there have been quite a few good albums this year to where CD isn't the guaranteed masterpiece over all others.


Am I the only one that doesn't like Better all that much?

We've all been burnt out on the track two years ago. The song could potentially be GNR's 'Vertigo', so we should let Joe Blow decide the fate of the track.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

war wrote:

better got a huge response when the leak was played on the radio for a day or so back in '06


personally, it's my least played new gnr track.

to me it is poppy and singleworthy and that's what i don't like about it and so i skip it.

that's not saying the rest of you have teenie bopper taste in music because it is a well put together track that i listen to once in a great while. just not my cup of tea.

i'm sure it will do very well on the radio.

Will
 Rep: 226 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

Will wrote:

I still dig Better, its an outstanding track and I hope that if GNR push it with a video it will do it justice. I burn out on the track from time to time but it comes back into the playlist every few months and kicks my ass for a few days solid.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 211 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

BLS-Pride wrote:

It is single worthy. Maybe the only song on the album that could get the reaction GNR wants from a single. It's the logical choice. It's been the hardcore fanbase's favorite and it does have that mainstream appeal.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

alexh0618 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

i think that was part of what maybe killed CD on radio.. the long ass intro.. or it's just their excuse... either way...
better will be the song to "convert the masses"
funny... right after robin is confirmed to be gone.. they release his song as a single...

I just heard CD on the WRIF and it didn't have the long intro. They also played a commercial for the launch party during the break and the two songs that were played underneath the promo were CD and Better.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

Furbush wrote:

i always thought the original leak was the best.. the other 2 i heard had a "castrated" sound....
i'm really hoping the guitars are a tad more prominent than in the sample....

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The entire album is better than 99% of what's out there.


Take the weakest track (in your opinion) from the album, and I guarantee you it's fucking Coma, compared to what's out there.

I disagree, especially with the 99% figure.

Obviously I'm a huge GNR fan and think this album has some killer tracks, but its not even my favorite album this year. That award goes to Santogold, and this Goldfrapp album is amazing and it could actually knock CD out of the second spot. Only reason it cant at this point is simply because I've only been listening to it for less than a week.

If i put This I Love up against Cologne Cerrone Houdini, This I Love loses by a large margin. Hell, the Alanis track Not As We could give This I Love a run for its money.


I realize music is subjective and we all have our own tastes, but there have been quite a few good albums this year to where CD isn't the guaranteed masterpiece over all others.


Am I the only one that doesn't like Better all that much?

We've all been burnt out on the track two years ago. The song could potentially be GNR's 'Vertigo', so we should let Joe Blow decide the fate of the track.

On topic, I think Better would be a huge hit on rock radio.  I think this album also has two songs that would be very successful on mainstream radio but not rock radio, those being If The World and This I Love.


Slightly off topic, I can't really compare GnR to Santogold or Goldfrapp.  I've heard that Santogold album and it's cool but it's not really my thing.  Not to say I don't like it, but it's not the type of album that I personally would listen to over and over again.  Cologne Cerrone Houdini sounds like a 70's era Elton John-Paul Buckmaster track, minus the piano, with a girl singing.  It's a great sounding song but it's nothing like anything on CD.  Aside from Robin's solo, the music on This I Love sounds like it could've been written 200 years ago

I don't know man, CD is just a big, monstrous, over the top mainstream rock album, I've been starving for an album like this for years.  This is some 70's Queen shit, true rock extravagance and excess. Maybe it's just because this type of music has been dead on the mainstream level for so long but there's really nothing else quite like the new GnR out there.  Sure, each song has elements of other bands' sounds, but as a collective there's nothing quite like this

CD to me is like Queen II, circa 2008.  It may be shamelessly over the top and overdramatic, but in a great way.  It's an audacious album

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB