You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Izzy

gnfnraxl wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

ummmm apples and oranges?

That's one way to look at it but a year from now I can't say I'll rank any songs from CD as superior to anything on AFD except Anything Goes, Think About You and Crazy.  But you're right it can't be compared anyways.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah that's a good point. We are all guilty of excitement I guess. We need to let the songs settle and the album to actual come out before you can seriously put it against older songs.

Sorry is a fucking amazing song. I have absolutely no problem saying it's better than the electric version of "You're Crazy." The acoustic version, aka the ORIGINAL version, of "You're Crazy" is a fucking amazing song...though I would probably still give a slight edge to Sorry.

Meanwhile, "I.R.S." is a good song while I feel "Anything Goes" is pretty much a piece of shit. They should have used You Could Be Mine, which they were working on at the same time as the other AFD songs.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm glad I posted now. Time to shake some things up. Piss some people off. In a good way.

Last month I apologized ahead of time to the board if my inner-Axlite started to show through with the album coming out. Hopefully people still take that apology to heart, lol.

Don't you try to stop me now

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm glad I posted now. Time to shake some things up. Piss some people off. In a good way.

Last month I apologized ahead of time to the board if my inner-Axlite started to show through with the album coming out. Hopefully people still take that apology to heart, lol.

Don't you try and stop me now

LOL, yes you are making quite the fool of yourself. The final version of Catcher better than Michelle? ROFL! Final version of Catcher is an overproduced mess.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Catcher is better than Michelle. Whether the final or the demo. Michelle has always been overrated. It's a good rocker, but it's a B-side, whether it's on Appetite, Illusion or Democracy...

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

OK I am listening to Anything Goes right now and am sort of eating crow. I don't know what it is, but when I listen to Appetite I just can't wait to get through Crazy and Anything Goes in order to listen to Rocket Queen, the fucking masterpiece album-ender to end all album-enders. You can't top the sex sounds recorded into such a kickass song! LOL. Anyway, Anything Goes isn't necessarily a piece of shit. Axl's lyrics are a piece of shit for that song. His vocals and the music are great though.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

If one more person bashes Anything Goes or Think About You I'll cry. Those, along with Rocket Queen, are my favourites on AFD.

After years of playing Jungle, Sweet Child and Paradise I find myself skipping those songs everytime I play AFD tongue

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Catcher is better than Michelle. Whether the final or the demo. Michelle has always been overrated. It's a good rocker, but it's a B-side, whether it's on Appetite, Illusion or Democracy...

Michelle is a fucking amazing song, one of the best on the album.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

WHAT?!?!?!

One of the best on the album? Michelle is only above You're Crazy & Anything Goes imo.

Jungle
City
Nightrain
Queen
Easy
SCOM
Think About You
Out Ta Get Me
My Michelle
You're Crazy
Anything Goes

Other comments...

I NEVER SKIP JUNGLE OR CITY. Never will. Thoes songs hold the test of time, in the most ways of ANY GN'R songs.  To be played daily on the radio for the last 20 years, and still be just as fucking "destroy" as they were then, says alot.

I will give AFD all the credit in the world for this. Of all of GNR's albums, including Crazy & Goes, NONE of AFD's tracks are skippable tracks. None. Lies has a couple, Illusion I & II have a couple, and Democracy has Riad.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Maybe you do need to break out that list because besides "Anything Goes" and "Think About You" I can't see CD topping AFD.

Jungle > Democracy
Easy > Shackler's
Nightrain > Better
Out Ta Get Me < Street of Dreams
Mr. B > If The World
City < TWAT
Michelle < Catcher
Think About You > Scraped
SCOM > Riad
Crazy < Sorry
Anything Goes < I.R.S.
Rocket Queen < Madagascar (I agree this is a personal opinion - by far)

This I Love & Prostitute are better than anything on AFD, with Jungle & City coming very close to competing with it.

This is my breakdown and I am gonna be as objective as I can.
Jungle<CD: Jungle comes on top but CD is really close.  Easily tops many songs on the Illusion records and could've made the AFD record easily.

Easy<Shackler's: Ain't even close.  Shackler's is a good song but falls way short here.

Nighttrain<Better: Again not even close and although I am not a fan of Better I always said it has it's high moments and could top many Illusion songs and as well as Think About You, Crazy and Anything Goes.

Out Ta Get Me>Street Of Dreams: This was not a fair battle but I'll give the nod to SOD here.

Mr B<If The World: Not even a close one.  If the World is good but not that good.

City<TWAT: This along with the Jungle Vs CD was a very good match.  TWAT is VERY GOOD but City is just a tad better.

Michelle>Catcher: I'm judging this by the first leak of Catcher since I haven't heard the final one yet.  Another close one but I'll give the nod to Catcher by a hair's breadth.

Think About You>Scraped: Haven't heard Scraped but I'm pretty sure it can easily be better than Think About You.

SCOM<Riad: Not even close.  Most even matched songs that you can have.

Crazy>Sorry: Haven't heard Sorry but I can see this be better than AFD's version of Crazy.

Anything Goes>IRS: IRS gets the nod by a hair's breadth and that ain't a compliment for IRS

Rocket Queen=Madagascar: 2 excellent tracks.

Final breakdown AFD:6  CD:5 and one tie.  CD is a very good record close to AFD but not quite there.  And like I said I was as objective as I could.

Board footer