You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: Pics of the LP Packaging

Gagarin wrote:

If you were Axl, would you want to sit infront of Leno or Letterman, do semi-scripted small talk for a few minutes, and have Leno hold out the CD infront of the camera - slightly crooked, and perhaps upside down?

I wouldn't.

For as much as we know the exact date he'd come out and make a statement, or do an interview, or whatever, was set awhile ago. For the general public the album isn't out yet and there's nothing to talk about. Between Thanksgiving (US) and Christmas is what I think pretty much matters.

Then we'll know... something, or we'll have more mystery.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

You know  what's really fucking sad about this is the new U2 album is getting more promo on an almost daily baisis here. I shit you not it's like every time tehy play a U2 song these days they start talking about the new album that's due out in early 2009. Today I heard a clip form an interview with Daniel Lanois(U2 producer) who said:

"The album sounds amazing, Bono is singing as good as he's ever sang. They've been able to break new sonic ground and in the process, have in some way reinvented rock n' roll. I never expected things to go so well"

yes that's blown outta proportion, yes it's way too much hype but it's legit quotes from a guy who is legitimately working in studio with the band. Not some best friend of Bono who's saying shit so he can tour with them.

My point is U2 are nowhere near ready for their album to come out and the hype for this thing is side by side with Chinese Democracy on radio here in central Alberta. I love U2 but somethings not right about that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I can understand his unwillingness to "pound the pavement". You mentioned VR, and its a valid point. An interview will quickly go in the same direction as Slash interviews......."You're music is good, but when's the reunion? When's the last time you spoke to them? Blah Blah Blah. If he's not in the right frame of mind to tackle such issues, he should avoid it. However, there are ways around it. Loder stopped caring about this in 2006, but he would probably do an interview. Loder is capable of throwing softball questions yet getting a great interview. Axl could have also did the same thing as Metallica for the Black album: Offer track by track comments of the album.

I don't think he's necessarily shitting on fans. He's shitting on himself and selling himself and the project short. He truly is an enigma and its the ONLY reason people have followed this for so many years. If the current state of affairs is providing him closure to this saga, then fans should accept it for what it is. If there are other reasons for how this all went down, then its just an added mystery to the whole saga.

You mentioned Loder, that could be another reason. The "old timer" factor.

Me thinks Axl would only probably sit down and do an interview with Loder or John Norris. No one else.

And if they're busy, or not interested (you don't know exactly how either of them were treated, Loder in 2002, Norris in 2006).

Plus Loder & Norris are pretty much "honoree" MTV guys now. They don't even work there. They are the Dan Rather & Tom Brokaw of MTV at this point.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bono wrote:

You know  what's really fucking sad about this is the new U2 album is getting more promo on an almost daily baisis here. I shit you not it's like every time tehy play a U2 song these days they start talking about the new album that's due out in early 2009. Today I heard a clip form an interview with Daniel Lanois(U2 producer) who said:

"The album sounds amazing, Bono is singing as good as he's ever sang. They've been able to break new sonic ground and in the process, have in some way reinvented rock n' roll. I never expected things to go so well"

yes that's blown outta proportion, yes it's way too much hype but it's legit quotes from a guy who is legitimately working in studio with the band. Not some best friend of Bono who's saying shit so he can tour with them.

My point is U2 are nowhere near ready for their album to come out and the hype for this thing is side by side with Chinese Democracy on radio here in central Alberta. I love U2 but somethings not right about that.

Shhh!  According to some CD get tons of promo.  I agree Bono.  A few of my friends know it's coming because I told em so otherwise well....

Board footer