You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Could it be? Axl = Chris Tucker?

Bono wrote:
strat0 wrote:

He's far from retired. He's doing what every musician tries and wants by trying to get "the perfect sound"

Sad part is most musicians....errrr all musicians save for Axl realize it's impossible and continue to release albums in the everlasting quest for the "perfect sound" . Maybe had Axl been a  bit more productive over the years he just might've found that sound but instead he hide in the basement for a decade 16  Seriously release your ideas, play them live and other ideas evolve. Axl wasted so many valuable years if this was in fact his goal. To create that "perfect sound/album"

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i read something somewhere on one of the boards in the last year or so that was potentially reliable stating that axl was content with retiring after the band broke up but was coached into returning by the people around him.

not saying i believe it though

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

i read something somewhere on one of the boards in the last year or so that was potentially reliable stating that axl was content with retiring after the band broke up but was coached into returning by the people around him.

I believe it and without any problem at all.  I think Axl wanted to retire and was goaded back in.  Nothing indicates me otherwise.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

I believe it and without any problem at all.  I think Axl wanted to retire and was goaded back in.  Nothing indicates me otherwise.

I would guess Del James and Beta....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Or the record company.  It's possible they said.  Wow there you owe us X amount of albums.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Problem is, nobody goaded him. He led people along for years. How many times did "were working on the next album" come out... and nothing was happening.

Axl wanted to semi-retire, but still be allowed to hold on to his fame to use whenever he felt like it.

Well that's kind of tricky, it doesn't always work that way.

Board footer