You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: And Here ... We ... Go.

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

Seriously guys they have a very good point. Who cares who they are or what they've written. I agree with alot of it. I saw this kind of stuff coming a  mile away. People who give legit reaons why they don't like it will be trashed and laughed at by some people on these boards because of what? They're in a band you don't like? Honestly guys get a  grip. There's gonna be alot of people who won't like this and it doesn't mean they all lack credibility. What makes our opinioins more valid than Hinder's?  The fact you dont' like their music? So what. They sound like they were once Gn'R fans too. Some of you might be musicians who frankly alot of us would think suck. Should we render your opinion usless?

So by the same token- what makes this post mean anything? 16

They bring us some decent points, but it's coming from guys who can't do any better themselves.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

So by the same token- what makes this post mean anything? 16

They bring us some decent points, but it's coming from guys who can't do any better themselves.

The point is it's gonna be real fucking annoying when somone like Britney Spears says she likes it and suddenly people will prasie her for listening objectivley and being honest. Trust me had Hinder said something different nobody would be bitching about it. They'd be all like "Well that's cool. I'm not really a  fan of Hinder but you gotta respect them for being objective"  Gimme a break! their opinion on this album is going to reflect that of a shitload of people. People better get used to it instead of trying to discredit everyone who feels this way.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I can criticize a bad egg, even if I can't lay a better one.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not trying to discredit them.  I don't really care what they think, especially because I don't like their music.  If some band or critic likes CD as much as i do then its nice to hear what they say, but I don't base my own opinions on it or attach any great significance either.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I dont personally know anyone who likes Hinder..
From where i`m sitting, they aint that popular.      but i dont hear what the pop culture thinks i should hear, under the heading "metal/rock"

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I saw an album cover of Hinder's once (this guy I work with showed it to me [I consider him to have the worst musical taste I've ever seen in a human being]) and all the guys looked like idiots. I can't judge them as I've not heard them, but given my co-workers track record, they have to be the rock equivalent to Soulja Boy.

I don't mind them saying over-produced, that's obvious, nor their decision to not tour with the unpredictable Axl, but "too artsy"? What the fuck? Something tells me the best parts of the album went way over these guys' heads and their "love" of GNR starts and ends with the rock singles or Appetite. If anything, GNR is hindered (no pun intended) by the fact their singles were so amazing for both devotees and the hardcores that no one remembered the songs on their albums were really different. I showed Breakdown to a friend and he said, "I didn't know Axl was into folk music" and I told him that the GNR you've heard on the radio and with legacy is entirely different than what the albums actually contain.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

BBC2 newsnight in uk, be a CD review...im really suprised they are interested in it..

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Leechers. No honor. Simple animals. No relevance.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
mickronson wrote:

BBC2 newsnight in uk, be a CD review...im really suprised they are interested in it..

I think Newsnight Review is more of a debate than an actual review, not sure though. I'll definitely check it out.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hidner = Fake wannabe bad ass rock stars

Axl Rose = The last great bad ass and rock star of the world.

You do the math.

Board footer