You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Guns N' Roses update official site

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well i'm glad i copied and pasted that in here then cuz now its all gone

and axlin08 that lineup is not official cuz later on in the day after james posted they removed Pitman's name...maybe he shit in Beta's cornflakes or something so they removed him from the article 16

in any case gnr should hire a preofessional to update that site...preferably someone who can type and edit properly

Holy Fuck... Mother Goose is gone now?

I said it a few months ago... the new band is fucking dead.

The Reunion is around the corner. Axl's staying mum, because they're going to tour as a reunion, and not support CD. (hell they did that TWICE already)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't see any reunion ahead.

And if this is the core of the band moving into the future... Uggghhh...

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Buckethead is the only real loss for the band imo. While I love Brain's drumming, Frank sounds just fine. I've never really cared for Robin either outside of "Better". He just never seemed to fit with the band, whatever that means. We don't know what Fortus is capable of because his presence on the album is almost non existent.

I don't think we can rule out Paul Huge's contributions to future albums just because he doesn't like touring.

Even with the devastating loss of Bucket, I think it's too early to condemn the future of the band.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well i'm glad i copied and pasted that in here then cuz now its all gone

and axlin08 that lineup is not official cuz later on in the day after james posted they removed Pitman's name...maybe he shit in Beta's cornflakes or something so they removed him from the article 16

in any case gnr should hire a preofessional to update that site...preferably someone who can type and edit properly

Holy Fuck... Mother Goose is gone now?

I said it a few months ago... the new band is fucking dead.

The Reunion is around the corner. Axl's staying mum, because they're going to tour as a reunion, and not support CD. (hell they did that TWICE already)

I agree axlin.  CD was released just to get it out of the way.  My guess is that Axl ain't happy about it since this was his baby but Azoff used his pull.  Azoff didn't get on board of this ship just to make a few dollars.  He wants the big check and the reunion is what will bring everybody the big check.  I don't like it but that's the way it is.  Anyways the new band is in limbo and is only hanging on by a thread.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

In theory, I think Axl's biggest issue is he'd have mixed emotions. It'd be bittersweet.

At the same time that he 'technically won the battle', he's also forfeiting in a way.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

he has his album, what more could he want.  To tour it with this weak ass line up would be a joke and to go to studio with no buckehead would be suicide.  CUT THE FUCKING LOSSES.  He got "His" album.  Now end the circus and be a nostalgia act, its the only card he has.  If he puts out another record with this lineup, he will be looking for a new label.  If I were a record company, I wouldn't sign on for it.  This album will do good out of curiosity alone.  The second album would fail bad, just like Libertad did....

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

he has his album, what more could he want.  To tour it with this weak ass line up would be a joke and to go to studio with no buckehead would be suicide.  CUT THE FUCKING LOSSES.  He got "His" album.  Now end the circus and be a nostalgia act, its the only card he has.  If he puts out another record with this lineup, he will be looking for a new label.  If I were a record company, I wouldn't sign on for it.  This album will do good out of curiosity alone.  The second album would fail bad, just like Libertad did....

Yeeeaaahhhhh......Libertad also had the fact that most of it's songs should have been b-sides to Contraband or Weiland solo material to help it tank. If they would just hand the soloing over to someone other than Bumble on another album it probably wouldn't be bad. God knows we don't need any more Shackler's or Rhiad style solos...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually I agree with Smoking Guns on this. I think Contraband went platinum out of curiosity, and thus the decline on Libertad.

I think the exact same will happen to new GN'R. Maybe not to the extent of Libertad's bomb, but I think a potential second-album's sales will be significantly different from CD, possibly a 50% drop or more.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

lets see the first week sales of CD first

in the imortal words of harvey keitel

"lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet"

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

This is pathetc: Haha i can imagine axl telling chris during an argument: "fine im removing you from the site, then, take that!!" Chris: "what?! noooooo!"

They obviously realised the implications of posting the current lineup without Bucket, Finck and Brain, and with some confusion over who and who isn't in the band so must have removed that part altogether.

This bit is so unprofessional - The following has been updated to correct inaccuracies contained in the previously posted version. Who puts this on an official site? It wouldn't be so bad if the mistakes were fixed. Shackler's Revenge is still missing as if it doesn't exist. Sorry and Riad are the wrong way around - therefore Riad doesn't segue into IRS, like the article suggests. The description of TWAT says "highlights include..." but doesn't mention Buckethead's solo...quite cleary this guy isn't very knowledgeable about the music.  It says BH played a solo on Catcher...in fact it is one of the few songs he makes no contribution whatsever.

Board footer