You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Guns N' Roses - studio only band?

Axlin16 wrote:

Lately we've been talking about the future of GN'R alot, with the release of CD (it still feels fucking weird, like a dream), and the silence from the GN'R camp.

Could it be possible that Axl wants to carry on with GN'R, but his intentions from day one, even back in the late 90's was to simply carry on GN'R as a 'studio only' band?

This allows Axl to have, well... what he basically had for the last 10 years. Session players, who occasionally go out on tour with. It's not a band, not even in the legal-sense.

We know now that the tours in 2001-02 & 2006-07 were basically 'cash grabs'.

Queen continued to release studio albums (The Miracle & Innuendo), and not touring to support them. Granted that situation was quite different, seeing how Freddie Mercury was secretly succumbing to AIDS, and was unable to tour.

But maybe Axl does want to continue on GN'R, but as a studio band, with mainly himself, Dizzy & Chris at the forefront as the figure heads of the band.

Is this even financially viable to not tour, ever? For any album?

Thoughts?

nugdafied wrote:

It's become pretty obvious, at least to those that don't have their head stuck up their ass, that Axl really has no idea what he wants to do. Hence, spending a decade+ making an album with shitpiles like Sraped & Shacklers on it. The guy has no clue. At one point he must've had some nice daydreams thinking he could be GNR by himself. Then, about 10 years ago the reality of the situation set in & it's been a nightmare ever since for him. He can't even get bands like Blink 182 & Hinder to open for him anymore. That's just sad.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

dont think they will be a studio only band we will find out a lot more as weeks go buy but i dont think anyone in the band would be happy bout not playing live axl included.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

To say Scraped and Shacklers are shitpiles is so bloody dumb. A lot of people like those songs, including me.

Try compare the GNR record to the solo stuff of other previous members and see who got it most right out of them all.

bloodyhell81

bloodyhell81 wrote:

shitpiles my ass i agree with you DCK scraped is awsome and shacklers is a grower. "all things are possible i am unstopable"

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I wouldnt say he was unstoppable, his lack of enthusiasm or communication behind this release is astounding and will possibly lead to CD dropping like a brick, but Im hoping the opposite regardless of all that, im buyin mine today.....mofo`s better not sold out already..
tho half of me be thrilled it did half pissed

bloodyhell81

bloodyhell81 wrote:

im hoping like many of you something bigs about to drop, so even though its hard and frustrating im trying to be patient, the album just dropped. if in a week nothing has happened then ill be worried

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

his quietness may actually work because a lot of the fascination and interest in axl rose lies in his quietness and not his pr-horny ways like others.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

Try compare the GNR record to the solo stuff of other previous members and see who got it most right out of them all.

First of all, Axl had more money to spend on this record than the others combined and multiplied by 5. Second, I think that a Best of Slash 1994-2008 or even a Best of Izzy 1994-2008 would be much better than CD. Hell, I think even 5 O'clock itself is far superior to CD, although CD is a good album. I love Axl's lyrics, but the music is dead on almost the whole album (except like Sorry and This I Love), while Slash's album is full of life.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

First of all, Axl had more money to spend on this record than the others combined and multiplied by 5. Second, I think that a Best of Slash 1994-2008 or even a Best of Izzy 1994-2008 would be much better than CD. Hell, I think even 5 O'clock itself is far superior to CD, although CD is a good album. I love Axl's lyrics, but the music is dead on almost the whole album (except like Sorry and This I Love), while Slash's album is full of life.

That post is laughable. The only thing you got right is the amount of money he spent.

Board footer