You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Iovine Talks Axl, U2, Dre, Eminem

war wrote:

i am not saying it's not true but, again, it's different everyhwere. kinda like the single being played to death on some radio stations and others not being willing to play it at all.

war

war wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

well, to be fair, we don't know if annother album will be released.

Precisely. I'm sure that's how Universal looks at it too. At the moment they have a roughly $13+ million sunk cost. If CD performs well and Axl delivers a couple more albums to them that also sell well, then the cost isn't such a huge deal although that is still a ton of money for 3 albums even.

true but if you spent all  that money and recorded 40 -50 songs and after releasing one album, consisiting only of songs that had been leaked over the years and the rest were 90 percent, would you release it or would you let all that time and money go to waste? now add all of the other hands in the cookie jar..................

Sky Dog wrote:

The good news is that it sounds like Axl and Uni are all square and worked everything out. I am sure the leftover music is a part of that equation.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Promotion in Europe was a joke - here in Ireland I know lots of big GnR fans who had no idea the album had come out. The singles were barely on the radio (I never heard them anyway), no ads, nothing.

The exclusive deal with Best Buy was obviously the main reason for promotion in the states - as no such deal existed in Europe, no promotion occured.

They should have at least made a video. Ok, no Buckethead, Brain or Finck anymore but they could used random clips from 2002 and 2006 tours for Chinese Democracy or even Better.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

The good news is that it sounds like Axl and Uni are all square and worked everything out. I am sure the leftover music is a part of that equation.

Yes, hopefully the mess is cleared and we'll get more music from him over the next 4 or 5 years.

war

war wrote:

i don't think it will be that long

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

i don't think it will be that long

I mean a couple of albums in the next 5 years. That is considered a normal gap between 3 albums. So hopefully the next one within 2.5 years or so.

Board footer