You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: What Really Led To Chinese Democracys Impending Release?

Axlin16 wrote:

Nobody screwed them over. They CHOSE to sign over the rights.

It might've been a bad decision, but business is business.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Smart move.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

They may have "chose" to do it, but they chose to do it under the impression that it would keep the band going to keep Axl happy.  It's not like they said, "Fuck it, I don't want it".  They were strong armed into it.

A store owner wouldn't be chosing to give a mobster money because they were being shaken down and given the choice give me money, or get shot.  In a way it's a choice I guess, but is it really.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

he bought the copyright to the name under Slash and Duff's nose and then said if you guys dont sign everythign over to me then i'm leaving and taking the name with me....Slash and Duff did it to keep the band alive....so much for the well wishing sad

you say "business is business" but they were supposed to be freinds, and to pull an underhanded move like that was pretty shitty...but, there was also the fact that they were all so unstable at that tiem with drugs and booze that Axl thought he was doing the right thing in having someone controlling things..whatever one day i wanna hear all sides of that story....its prolly the most interesting thing to me about htis band...how the breakup went down

regardless i would never manipulate my freinds like that...though i suppose you dont know what you'd do until you are there

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

he bought the copyright to the name under Slash and Duff's nose and then said if you guys dont sign everythign over to me then i'm leaving and taking the name with me....Slash and Duff did it to keep the band alive....so much for the well wishing sad

you say "business is business" but they were supposed to be freinds, and to pull an underhanded move like that was pretty shitty...but, there was also the fact that they were all so unstable at that tiem with drugs and booze that Axl thought he was doing the right thing in having someone controlling things..whatever one day i wanna hear all sides of that story....its prolly the most interesting thing to me about htis band...how the breakup went down

regardless i would never manipulate my freinds like that...though i suppose you dont know what you'd do until you are there

Axl was the only clean one at the time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axl was the only clean one at the time.

yea he was, even more reason for him to look out for the best interests of them instead of trying to secure his financial future...he still woulda had it made with them in the partnership or not

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You'll have to excuse me, I seek my guidence from....

jr-ewing.jpg

In other words... Tejas...

Board footer