You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: CD first impressions

Neemo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Over at HTGTH Jarmo just posted this about the skip in the song:

Per Axl:

The song sounds like it should sound.

The skip you hear is intentional. It's not a defect.

/jarmo

well then i guess i cant be upset....monkey does havea good point though it does fit the context...that one flew way over my head

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

too me it sounds intentional sound cool. whats the big deal really

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

actually since my initial listen i've heard it 2 or 3 more times and now i really gotta pay attention to it to catch it....it isnt that big of deal..and if its intentional then i'm just gonna shut the fuck up about it

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I suppose I can't look at Scraped objectively anyhow, since I think the song sucks so hard it could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

It may fit in the context of the song but as I said in an earlier post, I stoped listening to this "red headed stepchild" after only a couple of goes because I disliked it so badly, so I didn't even know the skip was there until it was pointed out.

Personally it sounds like a skip to me - but if you guys think it works with the song, I'll take that on face value. 22

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Personally it sounds like a skip to me - but if you guys think it works with the song, I'll take that on face value. 22

doesnt really mean much on what we think if axl put it there on purpose...if thats the way the song is meant to be heard then thats what we get, doesnt mean i agree with it but there is a loit going on on every track on this album and there are things i like and things i dont like, for me that normal for any CD i buy...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ True you hear some many layers of stuff, it would be good to actually be able to stip a lot of it away indivudally (like that Shacklers leak) and hear all the things that are actually being put in there individually, and appreciate each contribution.

Board footer