You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jac185
 Rep: 3 

Re: For the record.....

jac185 wrote:

On the bright side, Youth and Young Manhood is a great album.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Having bought the album - I think it's money well spent.  Yeah sure for me, to get nit picky in details there's things I don't like and wish weren't there.  But aside from that, there is a shit load of cool sutff that I really enjoy.  I'm glad this bitch finally got put out to pasture.

Well said.   

There are going to be people not buying this or hating it due to the fact they cannot get past that this is not old GNR.   That's fine doesn't make them not being fans of GNR but those of you cannot argue the fact that you aren't really fans of what GNR has become otherwise, the album would be bought and the songs would be enjoyed.  So when someone says you're not a fan, that's kind of half true in a sense if you fall into the catagory of not liking anything about Chinese Democracy at all, then one can't blame another for saying that.

So in order to continue being interested in the Axl Rose show, one needs to buy into what GnR has become?  The people that like it can't buy into what it's become (a platform for Axl Rose to release a solo album), so how can you expect others to accept it as GnR?  If Axl can release some good music, I will be interested.  I don't have to like whatever he's dishing out to be a fan.  If this group of employees ever really becomes GnR, I might be interested.  Until then, I will always want to know what Axl Rose - my favorite rock frontman of all time - is doing with his solo efforts disguised as GnR.

This is Santana all over again, only it's the same lead singer instead of the same guitar player.  It is one man's vision played by a bunch of session players and touring employees hired to assist in the writing and development of his vision.  There is no band.  Shit, Tommy doesn't even like GnR, yet he's a member of the band now?  Come on, he's collecting a paycheck like everybode else is.  Just call it what it is.

If CD was released as a Axl Rose solo album, you can cut the sales in half - especially if the production was this poor.  That is the reason this "band" is called Guns N' Roses.  Not because it lives up to the name.

Really, the clinching argument in my book:  How can you call it a band when there is only one member?

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Having bought the album - I think it's money well spent.  Yeah sure for me, to get nit picky in details there's things I don't like and wish weren't there.  But aside from that, there is a shit load of cool sutff that I really enjoy.  I'm glad this bitch finally got put out to pasture.

Well said.   

There are going to be people not buying this or hating it due to the fact they cannot get past that this is not old GNR.   That's fine doesn't make them not being fans of GNR but those of you cannot argue the fact that you aren't really fans of what GNR has become otherwise, the album would be bought and the songs would be enjoyed.  So when someone says you're not a fan, that's kind of half true in a sense if you fall into the catagory of not liking anything about Chinese Democracy at all, then one can't blame another for saying that.

So in order to continue being interested in the Axl Rose show, one needs to buy into what GnR has become?  The people that like it can't buy into what it's become (a platform for Axl Rose to release a solo album), so how can you expect others to accept it as GnR?  If Axl can release some good music, I will be interested.  I don't have to like whatever he's dishing out to be a fan.  If this group of employees ever really becomes GnR, I might be interested.  Until then, I will always want to know what Axl Rose - my favorite rock frontman of all time - is doing with his solo efforts disguised as GnR.

This is Santana all over again, only it's the same lead singer instead of the same guitar player.  It is one man's vision played by a bunch of session players and touring employees hired to assist in the writing and development of his vision.  There is no band.  Shit, Tommy doesn't even like GnR, yet he's a member of the band now?  Come on, he's collecting a paycheck like everybode else is.  Just call it what it is.

If CD was released as a Axl Rose solo album, you can cut the sales in half - especially if the production was this poor.  That is the reason this "band" is called Guns N' Roses.  Not because it lives up to the name.

Really, the clinching argument in my book:  How can you call it a band when there is only one member?

I am not into rehashing the name thing, my point was and it's obvious by what you have stated here and have continuously stated for years, you are NOT a fan of what GNR has become, why can't you just say that, instead of posting about why it shouldn't be called GNR.   Are you a fan of the old YES, is Axl your favorite frontman YES, do you love what GNR is doing now..NO.   It's pretty much end of story.   You can interested but it's obvious you don't like it.

I don't understand why you become so angry when someone says you aren't a fan, why not just say, yes I am not a fan of GNR now.  Because really you aren't of fan of GNR in the present, regardless of your reasons for disliking what GNR has become.   It is what it is and either you like it or you don't.   I don't look at you any differently for not liking any of this.   It's your opinion, I am just simply saying, why does that statement surprise you when people say it, you'd have to expect it really.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
jac185 wrote:

On the bright side, Youth and Young Manhood is a great album.

Yes thats an awesome album, didnt really like the new one at all but thats besides the point.

I said on the old site that Axl wouldnt get another penny of my money for dicking us around for so many years. He cancelled the European tour I had tickets for because 'he didnt know about it'. For making us wait 2.5 hours in the Hammersmith Apollo until my girlfriend pretty much passed out from heatstroke. For employing a man with a wobbly keyboard. For the years of turning the GNR name into a sad punchline. For allowing his yes muppets to behave like schoolyard idiots that hate on the fans and former members,  and for spending such an absurd amount of time to put out an album that has sub par nonsense like Scraped on it.

He wont get anymore money from me and I wont be buying his album as I just dont think it cuts it and for all of the above reasons. If Santa gives me the vinyl for Xmas though thats ok I guess..... 16 I need a new rolling mat.

However, I'm stuffed if theres a reunion, I guess I'd have to sell my vinyl copy of CD for one 5th of the ticket price so my proceeds from Axl's album can cover the part of the ticket I'd have otherwise paid to see him. A dilemma......

Its hard to wonder why some of us still follow the band. Sometimes I dont even know why myself! I guess because GNR were the last ultimate rock band that kicked my ass and helped shaped my life in difficult and strange times. I keep hoping for them to come back and do it again. But thats never going to happen, I'll just end up with piano power ballads and guitar solos that sound like Ron accidentally dropped his guitar down the stairs after plugging it in.

That whole issue of putting up that infuriating fucking review on the home page has irked me even more. Thats typical disgusting behaviour from the pathetic crew that surround the equally pathetic Axl. He and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What is wrong with you guys? Are you fans?

I never once thought different. I never hesistated. I've been waiting for this day the last decade almost.

I was fucking there baby.

lol

i kinda agree.

sometimes it's appropriate not to analyze or justify for once in our lives and just get behind and support what it is we're watching. in this case gnr and cd.

i bought myself the album and one for my nephew just to support my idol.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I don't understand why you become so angry when someone says you aren't a fan, why not just say, yes I am not a fan of GNR now.  Because really you aren't of fan of GNR in the present, regardless of your reasons for disliking what GNR has become.   It is what it is and either you like it or you don't.   I don't look at you any differently for not liking any of this.   It's your opinion, I am just simply saying, why does that statement surprise you when people say it, you'd have to expect it really.

Because there is no GnR now.  There's nothing to be a fan of or not be a fan of in the GnR world.  Give me a real band (even if it's Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, BBF, and Axl) and I'll give you an opinion on the band Guns N' Roses.  Axl Rose is Guns N' Roses legally.  There is no band.  When I talk about it, I have to preface it by saying "well, the REAL Guns N' Roses" and amazingly, regular real world people either get it and laugh or don't have a clue that there's a fake GnR right now (and by fake, I mean Axl and the session players that released the album, so don't even try to say there isn't a fake one).

I would love to see the opinions of people if they released this as Axl Rose's debut album.  I'd be willing to be the opinions (including my own perhaps) might be a little bit different than they are now.  There would certainly be a lot less anomosity, that's for sure and I'd likely be a little more forgiving of the major mistakes with the album.

war

war wrote:

i also agree with dtj

some of you people are not fans. except the truth. this is gnr, legally and objectively speaking.

i think you people become so agnry because you can't let go of the past and continue to follow a band that you do not approve of while worshipping a memory. if you do not agree that this is gnr then you should get yourself a new hobbie or a new band to follow and come back when and if a reunion hits. i support gnr right now and i will support them as long as i appreciate their music, regardless of the lineup.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

i also agree with dtj

some of you people are not fans. except the truth. this is gnr, legally and objectively speaking.

i think you people become so agnry because you can't let go of the past and continue to follow a memory. if you do not agree that this is gnr then you should get yourself a new hobbie or a new band to follow and come back when and if a reunion hits. i support gnr right now and i will support them as long as i appreciate their music, regardless of the lineup.

Dude, spellcheck and grammar check...holy shit.  Did you write the CD booklet?

The only truth in what you said is this is GnR legally - but even that is a half truth.  Axl is GnR legally.  Everything else is open to debate whether you like it or not.

war

war wrote:

lol

the original lineup didn't include slash.  to, objectively, say what the real gnr is, we must use the law or look at the founding members. since the founding members aren't the lineup that reunion buffs refer to as "the real gnr", using the law becomes the sole tool for defining who gnr is, objectively. for me anyways 22

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Kudos to Bono for starting the thread.

I'm of a similiar same state of mind and not in the least bit interested in funding the "GNR Family". When the hangers-on have fucked off I'll buy the album.

If being a fan means putting up with more of the same shit which we've all become accustomed to I'll join the line of "fake fans" right behind Buzzsaw and Bono.

Fuck GNR 9

Board footer