You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: I have Post Traumatic Release Disorder!!!

Intercourse wrote:

Fellow members,
I've been lurking daily for a long while and remain impressed with the continued loyalty to the band and the site. It's a credit to James that he runs should a great forum to be part of - regardless of the bends we have watched form in the GNR road for the last few years.

I'm giving the album serious listens and while I am astounded by how clever some of the songs are, I find the album wears me down or gets me listless and depressed for reasons I wasn't sure about, and then I realised. See if you agree or have thoughts to share.

Most bands that realease an album are pumped and out there with lots to say - shockingly GNR remains the mute vessel we had surely hoped would be put to an end. Did anybody expect this?
No interviews.
No video.
Poor quality album finish.
Axl always had so much to say...especially about his released work. Now?
Axl was always such a perfectionist but all the typos and the poor finish to the artwork?

The theme of the songs just wears me down. Axl has always said his songs were biographical.
If they re then his entire life has boiled down to:

'Slash won't break me'
and
'Stephanie broke me'.

I am sad for the guy - all those years of therapy have done him no good. He still can't forgive, he still can't forget, he still can't  move on. I could almost pray for him to get some peace...
Does anybody not think that releasing 'This I love' as an obvious reference to Stephanie is not a little..well...pathetic and creepy it's soooo long ago???

As structured music goes, this album astounds me with the complexity of some of it but, despite the strong emotions expressed by Axl, for me it lacks a beating heart. I still miss Slash's input and that is actually getting more profound with each listen - this is affecting my experience of the whole thing and I'm really trying.

Anybody else oddly bummed? Creeped out?
Intercourse

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think it's clear Mr. Rose is not stable. It doesn't help him that he surrounds himself with asskissers.

They allow him to live his delusions.

Axl = Michael Jackson of rock

I hate to say that.

I dunno, I mean to quote Axl - Estranged is about Erin but he wants his audience to have it mean something different to them, have their own connection to the words.  - Making of Estranged video he says this.

I don't think it's creepy, it's what he felt, maybe he stills feels that way deep down inside.  Don't Cry was written years before it was released..I don't see what the big deal is about that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You don't find it creepy that in 2000, the man was hoping Dylan would listen to the album "to hear the truth". A kid that was 2 when the Steph thing soured, and wasn't even his child?

I find it creepy, and i'm a guy.

I think the same energy that fuels Axl to make a BRILLIANT song like This I Love, is actually because he's THAT crazy. His nuttiness fuels his artisticness.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

^most great creators aren't happy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To me the only thing creapy is the lack of promo....that makes me feel like I drempt this and i still have some kind of leak in my player...even though i'm looking at the cover of an offical cd smile

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think it's clear Mr. Rose is not stable. It doesn't help him that he surrounds himself with asskissers.

I hate to say that.

michael jackson is an amazing artist, despite the fact that he's a pedophile. i still listen to the jackson 5 on my ipod. that doesn't sound like an insult to me.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Axlin08 wrote:

You don't find it creepy that in 2000, the man was hoping Dylan would listen to the album "to hear the truth". A kid that was 2 when the Steph thing soured, and wasn't even his child?

I find it creepy, and i'm a guy.

I think the same energy that fuels Axl to make a BRILLIANT song like This I Love, is actually because he's THAT crazy. His nuttiness fuels his artisticness.

Axl is or at least at one point was a very troubled and unhappy person.  The reason his lyrics and voice portray such genuine emotion is because he really believes the stuff he writes and sings

You could write a book on the psychology of the guys in GnR.  As far as Axl, he shows all the telltale signs of someone who was emotionally and physically abused as a kid.   I don't pretend to know the guy but from most accounts it's obvious he has major control and trust issues, doesn't let things go, and is insecure when it comes to being judged or criticized.  Other comments portray him as someone who is a loving and kindhearted person by nature and is very loyal.  This dichotomy is IMO what makes him such a great entertainer and musician.  He represents the very best and very worst of people and shows it in his music

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I hate to say that.

michael jackson is an amazing artist, despite the fact that he's a pedophile. i still listen to the jackson 5 on my ipod. that doesn't sound like an insult to me.

I don't think it was talent wise that axlin made the comparison Paxcow.  It means they are both unstable and need psychologiacal help.  And no Axl ain't a pedophile.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i really don't believe axl is unstable. i just think he's in touch with his feelings and expresses them; unlike someone like me, i just push my feelings deep down inside, and don't express them in any way, only allowing myself to feel numb most of the time. i'm a happy person in general, though. but what i'm saying is.....i don't think axl's unstable. i don't think he needs any more psychological help than any of the rest of us. it's not fair to judge him on what little information we all have about him.

Board footer